Corsair Community

H100i GTX for AMD - extremely confused - how to remove the Intel mounting bracket?

Tatsh

I think the instructions given for this are very poor. Seems nobody has a guide to install for an AMD socket. All I want to see is a demonstration of how to correctly remove the Intel bracket to replace with the AMD one. I feel like I am on the brink of breaking this item.

The manual just says 'push against "the metal piece"' (what metal piece?!) and turn 1/8, pulling away from the block.

I have not had any luck pushing 'the metal piece' (which I assume is the Intel bracket) down much and turning it. It is very difficult when you have the pumps connected and no place to really hold this block down.

Does anyone have better instructions for this part?

I have installed an H100i before for my Intel machine, had no idea this would be so troublesome for AMD.

Thanks

Hold the pump in one hand with the base facing you (the part that contacts the CPU) and twist the bracket 1/8 th of a turn clockwise. It should then release enabling you to pull it off. You then fit the AMD bracket the opposite way.

I'm surprised that the pump comes with the Intel bracket fitted, in my experience, the fittings come separately in a bag.

You also say "It is very difficult when you have the pumps connected and no place to really hold this block down." What do you mean?

• 1 year later...
Hold the pump in one hand with the base facing you (the part that contacts the CPU) and twist the bracket 1/8 th of a turn clockwise. It should then release enabling you to pull it off.

I know this is an old thread but I have this very problem. I understand the concept however it is so so tight that I cant get the same amount of pressure on all four corners of the intel bracket at the same time to be able to twist this off.

Kudos to Corsair for honoring their warranty as this is a replacement for my 4 year old H801 which the base of the rubber tubes became brittle.

However, to say that I am beyond frustrated to the point of wanting to throw this thing against a wall is a world class understatement. Why in the hell they moved from the magnetized top mounted bracket switch to this crap is beyond me. I am stuck as I can't for the life of me remove this stupid a55 thing as it is wedged between the coldplate and the pump so tight.

Sorry for sounding rude it's just I am so frustrated for being stuck on such a stupid needless problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

************UPDATE--Resolved***********************

And the award for absolute dumbest person goes to me. It was only after an hour frustration and sore fingers that it occurred to me to twist the bracket COUNTER-clockwise. What do you do know, it came right off.....

For anyone else having this issue (and there are as I googled...) let me save you the shame by being the example

However to make me (ever so slightly) less stupid, the instruction manual does state that it be turned clockwise....(which as it turns out is a big fat dirty lie)

http://s8.postimg.org/8dhzx2vdt/Capture.jpg

• 4 months later...
I know this is an old thread but I have this very problem. I understand the concept however it is so so tight that I cant get the same amount of pressure on all four corners of the intel bracket at the same time to be able to twist this off.

Kudos to Corsair for honoring their warranty as this is a replacement for my 4 year old H801 which the base of the rubber tubes became brittle.

However, to say that I am beyond frustrated to the point of wanting to throw this thing against a wall is a world class understatement. Why in the hell they moved from the magnetized top mounted bracket switch to this crap is beyond me. I am stuck as I can't for the life of me remove this stupid a55 thing as it is wedged between the coldplate and the pump so tight.

Sorry for sounding rude it's just I am so frustrated for being stuck on such a stupid needless problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

************UPDATE--Resolved***********************

And the award for absolute dumbest person goes to me. It was only after an hour frustration and sore fingers that it occurred to me to twist the bracket COUNTER-clockwise. What do you do know, it came right off.....

For anyone else having this issue (and there are as I googled...) let me save you the shame by being the example

However to make me (ever so slightly) less stupid, the instruction manual does state that it be turned clockwise....(which as it turns out is a big fat dirty lie)

http://s8.postimg.org/8dhzx2vdt/Capture.jpg

I just registered to the forum to thank you,

and to curse whoever was the ******** writing the instruction.

I applied which I believe could be excessive amount of force following the foul instruction only to turn into worries now.

With your hints, it comes off with two fingers.

Now I will see if I have chance for Corsair to compensate my Threadripper rig.

Archived