Corsair Community

3 out of 6 fans RGB not working

Porkibear

Hi All,

I finally dove straight into my first pc build last night. Wiring on the 460x RGB case is an absolute mess, but I’m slowly cleaning up the bunches of wires. Before I do that though...

I turned on the pc last night to make sure all the fans were running. I didn’t connect a monitor, so I haven’t had a chance to dive into BIOS yet. Here is my fan setup:

3 LL120 RGB fans in front of case, all three have RGB connected to an RGB hub in slots #1-3. Two of the front fans are cooling an h100i v2. These two are being powered by the AIO cooler connection. The third LL120 fan power is plugged into the commander pro. Commander pro is connected to SATA from PSU and USB is plugged into the mb. After turning on the pc, all three LL120 fans are spinning and also have RGB power.

3 SP120L RGB fans for exhaust (1 rear, 2 top). These are the fans which came with the 460x case. All I did was relocate them to the exhaust side, and I also got rid of the button control module since I’m connecting to the commander pro. I’m using the supplied RGB hub for the SP120 fans. The SP fan power is connected to the commander pro. RGB are connected to the SP RGB hub. The hub is connected to the commander pro, as well as SATA cable for power. With pc powered on, the SP fans have power, but no RGB. I checked all my connections and it all looks correct. Any of you have any ideas? I’m at work now, but plan on troubleshooting this when I get home tonight.

Everything else seems to be working properly. I’m also wondering...how do I know the AIO cooler is circulating? I don’t hear anything- no gurgling, pump noises...just the fans purring away.

For the SP-RGB fans, they won't work until you go into iCue and configure the lighting channel. They are getting the signal for the LL/HD/ML/Strips, which is different. The SP-RGB fans are the odd ones out/red-headed stepchildren in the Corsair RGB family - they use a completely different protocol from everything else.

If you connected all 6 fans to the same RGB Lighting Hub, that also will be a problem. Each fan type needs its own RGB Lighting Hub. Hopefully you bought the LL triple pack with another inside.

Yes, that’s my setup: two separate RGB hubs- one for LL120s and another for SP120s.

For the SP-RGB fans, they won't work until you go into iCue and configure the lighting channel. They are getting the signal for the LL/HD/ML/Strips, which is different. The SP-RGB fans are the odd ones out/red-headed stepchildren in the Corsair RGB family - they use a completely different protocol from everything else.

So what I don’t understand is how the SP120 fans (which are supplied with the 460x case) are able to work without being configured in iCue. Is it because it’s manually controlled by the button module or front panel and the RGB is on a permanent “ON” position?

So what I don’t understand is how the SP120 fans (which are supplied with the 460x case) are able to work without being configured in iCue. Is it because it’s manually controlled by the button module or front panel and the RGB is on a permanent “ON” position?

Yes, the button controller takes the place of a Lighting Channel on the Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro. It actually has a small, very limited functionality MCU in there that generates the signal for the RGB lighting.

Archived