Corsair Community

H60 + AMD FX-6100 overheating

maxTheSuperP

Hello everyone,

I've just assembled a new system with an AMD FX-6100 Black Edition + the H60 cooler.

I think I've installed everything correctly: the fan works, the pump *seems* to work (if I touch it while running it is hot, as well as one of the two cables); however, with the system doing nothing the temperature highly grows up to 100C and, subsequently, the system shuts down. It may take 2 or 30 minutes, depending on the temperature of the system, but it always shuts down.

So I am unable to do pretty everything. I've checked in the BIOS settings that the fan runs constantly at the highest speed (around 1900RPM) but this does not help.

Is there any way to check I've installed everything correctly?

Thanks for any suggestion you may have on this issue.

Best Regards,

Max

Sorry, I forgot to add that I have a Silencio 550 case. It is pretty closed, but if I monitor the overall system temperature it never exceeds 40 degrees Celsius. It is just the CPU that overheats. Anyway I experience the same issue if I remove the side panels.

Thanks,

Max

• Corsair Employee
Check your pump's rpm in the BIOS, see if its running around 4200rpm. I would also double check the contact between the coldplate and CPU, make sure there are no capacitors blocking the cold plate, causing a poor contact between the two.

Archived