Corsair Community

jaguar06

Hello all!

So here is what happened... I had two F60GB2's running in RAID 0 (Intel ICH10R) with firmware version 1.0. Silly me decided I to update to version 2.4, so I switched to AHCI and booted into a Windows 7 PE environment to update the firmware. Both drives were recognized and updated successfully. I then rebooted and set the controller back to RAID, all was well. Restated several times, windows worked, etc. After a hard power cycle (completely off and back on) one of the drives disappeared. It is no longer seen by the BIOS. Another PC can't detect the drive either. I assume the drive is dead. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

TLDR: updated firmware, now drive is dead? What to do?

If the SSD is not seen in the BIOS on two different computer's it may be bricked.

If the SSD is still in warranty, three years from purchase date, you can request an RMA to replace the SSD. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase.

If the SSD is not seen in the BIOS on two different computer's it may be bricked.

If the SSD is still in warranty, three years from purchase date, you can request an RMA to replace the SSD. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase.

It was purchased back in 2010 I believe. :[pouts:

Archived