Corsair Community

Parameters to H80I GT run fast - Increase automatically RPMS

cgentil

Hi,

Few days ago, after I bought H80i GT, when I played games, after some minutes the cooler was running fast, the rpms increased automatically.

Since yesterday playing same game, the cooler isn't running fast, rpms stays same.

Which are the parameters to rpms increase automatically?

The fan curves are linked to the water temperature inside the system. Depending upon which model your have and version of LINK, it may be called "H80i GT Temperature" or H80i Cooler Temperature" or something similar. Within the LINK program, go to the GROUPS tab (upper left). Drag your radiator fan dial(s) into the row that reads H80i GT Temperature. They may already be there, but double check.

It takes some time to get used to the water temperature range, as it will be different for each user. At the low end, it will be your room temperature plus a few more degrees to reflect the temperature inside your case. You can get a comparative value by looking at your motherboard and non-primary drive temps. You radiator has fans, so the water temp will usually be just under those numbers at idle. The max water temperature you see is a little harder to calculate, but most people top out between 40-50C. The water temperature is slow to warm and to cool off, so don't expect it to be as dynamic as your CPU temps. It usually takes long duration loads of some sort to elevate the water temperature. However, it's not only CPU heat that influences the water. The rest of your system heat, as well as changes in room temperature, will also affect this value. You can raise your water temperature by gaming with a low-moderate CPU load and a high GPU load. The GPU waste heat will increase the case temperature, and the water as well. This will then in turn increase the fan speed. However, this isn't wasted fan work. Since the radiator fans are part of the exhaust system, you want them to move that hot air above the GPU(s) out. I am also assuming you have it in the rear 120mm slot.

One thing to consider with any cooler in the rear slot is to run fixed RPM's while gaming. Rather than wait for the water to warm up or a sufficient CPU load, the higher fixed speed will continue to remove the GPU waste heat which will be present from the start. Set it to something you can stand. The return value on high radiator speed is minimal, right until you get near you CPU thermal limit.

Archived