Corsair Community

Corsair individually sleaved cables ridiculous kit

sblantipodi

• Corsair Employee
  • Corsair Employee
Hi sblantipodi, individually sleeving cables isn't a walk in the park, sadly, and if you've ever done it manually, I think you'd agree that it's far less hassle to just buy them. I'm going to wager the 24-pin was offered separately for those who just wanted to replace that and none of the other cables since it is arguably the most visible, and difficult to hide, connector in one's system. That being said, I understand your concern and we value your feedback.

• Administrators

Actually, it's because the cables are compatible with multiple PSUs that have been made over the years, but the PSU side of the 24 pin ATX cable isn't always the same between those PSUs.

Better to separate that cable out and let someone purchase it on its own rather than someone getting a cable they don't need and then having to purchase it separately anyway.

Actually, it's because the cables are compatible with multiple PSUs that have been made over the years, but the PSU side of the 24 pin ATX cable isn't always the same between those PSUs.

Better to separate that cable out and let someone purchase it on its own rather than someone getting a cable they don't need and then having to purchase it separately anyway.

kit + 24pin costed me 50% of the PSU value.

nobody forced me to buy them but there is clearly something wrong.

kit + 24pin costed me 50% of the PSU value.

nobody forced me to buy them but there is clearly something wrong.

Part of it is the market, dude. If you get these custom made from any of the 3rd party vendors out there, they'll be even more.

And let's be honest - this isn't a required purchase by any stretch of the imagination. It's pure frills and sexiness.

Unfortunately, looking good cost $$$$$$.

Archived