Corsair Community

Strange issue with keyboard

Zogito

Hello everyone.I have been experiencing some issues lately with my K70 RGB.Th problem is that i have plugged both usb in a usb3.1 port and when i boot my pc it is stuck on a black screen forever.When i plug out my keyboard i am on my desktop in no time!After plugging in again my keyboard everything is normal colors are fine and it is working perfectly.My pc is brand new with mobo z370 msi m5 and i5 8600k.I have forced update the same firmware on my keyuboard also tried the firmware reset with the escape button.Finally polling rate is set to 1ms.Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Update : K70 has two usb on the end of the cord.I plugged out the one of them and my pc boots in no time.Question though...What am i losing with the one of two usb that is unplugged?Why does it have two usb anyways??

It only needs two USB ports if you are using USB 2.0. If the main connector (the plug with the image of a keyboard on it) is plugged into a 3.0 or 3.1 port, then there is no need to use the second.

Archived