Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 fans sound like jet engine all the time

trieuhuylong

Hi guys,

I have just built a shiny machine using Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB, with 6 Corsair LL120 fans.

The big issue is, why the fans just run at full speed every 5 minutes and sound like a jet engine even though I just surfing web.

I tried to set the fans profile to QUITE in Commander Pro, however, it seems like they all push themselves to full speed automatically every 5 minutes.

Anyone here has the same issues? And any way to fix it?

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700x

ASUS ROG X470-f motherboard

ASUS ROG Radeon Vega 64 OC

NZXT Kraken X52

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16gb (8GBx2)

Corsair Obsidiance 500D RGB

Corsair Commander Pro

Thanks for reading and respond.

Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I cannot control the fans in BIOS because I plugged them all in the Commander Pro. Therefore I can only control them via iCue. And as I mentioned above, even though I tried to set the profile as "quiet", they still speed up every 5 minutes while idle.

Do you have any idea why?

Thanks.

Because “Quiet” is a generic preset based on CPU temp, something not particularly desirable to use on any recent Intel/AMD processor. Your cpu temp is bouncing all over. So then do the fans. Set up a custom curve so you can control both the speeds and the variable.

Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I cannot control the fans in BIOS because I plugged them all in the Commander Pro. Therefore I can only control them via iCue. And as I mentioned above, even though I tried to set the profile as "quiet", they still speed up every 5 minutes while idle.

Do you have any idea why?

Thanks.

As c-attack mentioned, the default curve is based on CPU temp.

I know you have a Commander Pro. That's why I suggested a custom curve based on one of the thermistors that come with the Commander Pro. You can make custom curves in iCue as well.

Yes, there is a list of variable choices in the drop down menu. Something like GPU temp might be more useful, however be aware all of those choices require iCUE to be active and running. Can't monitor GPU temp if the app isn't able to communicate with the board -> GPU.

Archived