Corsair Community

LL120 Fan lighting slowly dying

sniper98g

I have a commander pro driving 4 LED strips on channel 1 and a lighting hub/6: LL120s on channel 2. I have had this setup working great for a while and iCUE lighting sync was even working great. One day a bit ago I lost lighting on fans 5 and 6 for no apparent reason. The last LED on FAN 4 was also sometimes discolored.

I tried troubleshooting this and could not find any common denominators. The problem followed whatever was plugged into ports 5 and 6 on the fan hub. The problem followed the fans when I switched channels on the commander pro, so I figured it was the fan hub. Swapped the fan hub with a spare one I had, no change. Flashed the commander pro firmware, reinstalled every piece of software, no change.

Now the problem has started eating it's way back down the lighting channel. Sections of lights are flickering and sicking on one color for a bit then going out. I lost fan 4 and 3 and am now over half way into fan 2.

Anyone have any clue what's going on here?

Firstly.. open a support Ticket buddy.. make sure you have your proof of purchase to hand ;).

so..

Do all the fans work correctly in Port one of the RGB Fan LED Hub?.. the RGB Fan LED Hub is a dumb Device. iirc its just a splitter box with a resistor or Capacitor in it. the fans are effectively daisy chained!.. if there is one bad fan in the chain it may fail to pass the data on correctly (if at all) to the next fan in line....

Thanks Man! That was really helpful in getting to the root of this.

4 of the fans work properly in port 1. Fan 2 is still half lit and the last LED on fan 4 is still having an issue. Looks like I have two fans that have had failures.

Going to open up a support case to have the 2 messed up fans replaced.

Thanks Man! That was really helpful in getting to the root of this.

4 of the fans work properly in port 1. Fan 2 is still half lit and the last LED on fan 4 is still having an issue. Looks like I have two fans that have had failures.

Going to open up a support case to have the 2 messed up fans replaced.

winner... Glad you are heading in the right direction dude :).. good luck man

Archived