Corsair Community

HX1000i or HX1200i which is more silent ?...

jojococo

Am currently using a seasonic 1200w PSU and its pretty darn good except for the noise, it runs silent most of the time, but during load the fan runs pretty much audibly and more than any other part in the PC, am using my machine to mine so the PSU will be under heavy load 24/7, am thinking of buying either the HX1000i or HX1200i (They are the only two options available fore me ATM) but my concern here, are they both rated at the same noise level ?... and under heavy load 24/7 will they run comfortably silent ?... I can tell you for sure mine isn't, when under load the fan noise is above 40db which is just pretty annoying, is either the HX1000i or HX1200i the right product for me ?...

Thanks,

I'm fairly certain that they use the same fan in both units so noise would be the same. However, with the 1200, you won't run the fan as often as it's got a higher power rating.

I have the HX1200i, personally. The fan never runs unless I turn it on. And it's not loud at 100%; I can barely hear it at all.

I'm fairly certain that they use the same fan in both units so noise would be the same. However, with the 1200, you won't run the fan as often as it's got a higher power rating.

I have the HX1200i, personally. The fan never runs unless I turn it on. And it's not loud at 100%; I can barely hear it at all.

Funny, i thought of it the other way around, since the HX1200 got higher power rating then it might need more cooling and hence nosier fan !...

Funny, i thought of it the other way around, since the HX1200 got higher power rating then it might need more cooling and hence nosier fan !...

Nope ... the fans will typically kick in at a certain percentage of max load. The higher the max load, the more it runs without the fan. :)

RM1000i/x is quieter :P

This PSU will run ~500W without activating the fan which is about 100W less than the HX1200i, however, the fan itself is quieter if required. 500W is more than enough for an overclocked 6-8 core CPU and overclocked GTX 1080Ti.

RM1000i/x is quieter :P

This PSU will run ~500W without activating the fan which is about 100W less than the HX1200i, however, the fan itself is quieter if required. 500W is more than enough for an overclocked 6-8 core CPU and overclocked GTX 1080Ti.

i only have the option of buying either the HX1000 or HX1200, so which is quieter in ur opinion ?...

thanks,

Archived