The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2018, 03:15 PM
t3hbutt3rs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950096
t3hbutt3rs Reputation: 10
Default iCue software shifts full screen windows to the left 1 pixel?

https://imgur.com/mUSIUov

The pink-ish vertical line on the far right of the image, that is my desktop wallpaper, and iCue is set to full screen. Only with the iCue software installed, does this happen with everything full screen. Chrome, IE, Windows File Explorer, Steam, you name it. And with this 1 pixel window shift to the left, taking my cursor and running it to the top-right most part of the screen, I would click the red X to exit/close any window for that software, just does not work being off 1 pixel. Annoyance yes, but this does not happen with the current Cue 2.x software. I've tried Display port, different HDMI cables, DVI and all. Uninstalling the iCue and going back to the 2.x Cue is the only thing that solves this.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I just the oddball?
Old 04-13-2018, 03:27 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950098
DevBiker Reputation: 76

I can't comment if you are an oddball or not but this is a known issue. This one happens to all of us.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950112
Mapantz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hbutt3rs View Post
https://imgur.com/mUSIUov

The pink-ish vertical line on the far right of the image, that is my desktop wallpaper, and iCue is set to full screen. Only with the iCue software installed, does this happen with everything full screen. Chrome, IE, Windows File Explorer, Steam, you name it. And with this 1 pixel window shift to the left, taking my cursor and running it to the top-right most part of the screen, I would click the red X to exit/close any window for that software, just does not work being off 1 pixel. Annoyance yes, but this does not happen with the current Cue 2.x software. I've tried Display port, different HDMI cables, DVI and all. Uninstalling the iCue and going back to the 2.x Cue is the only thing that solves this.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I just the oddball?
I reported this when iCue was first released, but you managed to explain it better - thank you.

It's a bizarre bug, but it really p*ssed me off! So much so, I uninstalled it. As soon as I read a new version was available, I installed it again, only to find the bug is still there - promptly uninstalled it again. How can they not quickly fix this?
Old 04-13-2018, 07:09 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950146
hastegag Reputation: 20

no pink line on my end, but maybe it is bezel hidden but this was totz dogging me and i couldnt figure it out. I thought it was windows related but now yeah i cant slam top right and click to close windows. Def an issue for me, although not oppressive. I suspect related to that cue sidebar.
Actually for whatever reason this seems to have resolved itself...on my end at least

Last edited by hastegag; 04-13-2018 at 07:11 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 04-13-2018, 08:44 PM

POST ID # = 950164
Andeeh Reputation: 10

Same problem here, hope it gets fixed in the next version...
Old 04-13-2018, 11:17 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950186
DevBiker Reputation: 76

I'm sure it'll be fixed. I doubt it'll be next version.
Look y'all ... this is Pre Release software. In other words, it's Beta. It's not done. And there are a lot of things that are going to be higher priority than this 1 pixel line, annoying as it may be because it doesn't keep the application from doing what it should be doing, doesn't crash, etc. It's what we would term a cosmetic issue and, if I was running the project (and I'm not), it'd be low on the priority list with respect to working out some of the kinks with profiles, lighting, crashes and the like ... stuff that actually interferes with functionality or where the application doesn't do what it should do.
And keep in mind that what seems like a simple easy fix may not be. Even if it is, however, you need to identify, verify and validate the fix on multiple machines. You have also have to make sure that the fix didn't break something that was working before.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:46 AM
Mapantz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950251
Mapantz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I'm sure it'll be fixed. I doubt it'll be next version.
Look y'all ... this is Pre Release software. In other words, it's Beta. It's not done. And there are a lot of things that are going to be higher priority than this 1 pixel line, annoying as it may be because it doesn't keep the application from doing what it should be doing, doesn't crash, etc. It's what we would term a cosmetic issue and, if I was running the project (and I'm not), it'd be low on the priority list with respect to working out some of the kinks with profiles, lighting, crashes and the like ... stuff that actually interferes with functionality or where the application doesn't do what it should do.
And keep in mind that what seems like a simple easy fix may not be. Even if it is, however, you need to identify, verify and validate the fix on multiple machines. You have also have to make sure that the fix didn't break something that was working before.
Completely disagree with this. It is not a cosmetic issue, it goes deeper than this. It should be a high priority. It was affecting my day to day use of Windows itself. If software if causing issues with other programs/browsers, it should be looked at straight away. It even affected the way I can scroll in Windows file manager. If Link or Cue doesn't cause this problem, then iCue shouldn't either.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:31 PM
t3hbutt3rs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950553
t3hbutt3rs Reputation: 10

I know its pre-release, and there's SO MANY features, I'm sure the dev's are crazy busy working on this software. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I searched, but couldn't find anything stating the issue. Good to know its not just me. My hardware/software is ok. Thanks for the quick responses.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:49 PM

POST ID # = 951891
Andeeh Reputation: 10

Still happening in version 3.2.87 :(