The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > Forum Rules and General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
  #121  
Old 01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
autumn_sunset autumn_sunset is offline
Registered User
autumn_sunset's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 752250
autumn_sunset Reputation: 10
Default "censorship".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dims View Post
It wasn't that long ago when Yellowbeard said it's been ages since Corsair has censored anyone's post that mentions a competitor product.

Now we have Wired quoting the info below like hes going to go around acting like North Korea. Only reason a company acts like that is if they have something to hide.
I am just an user here, and I disagree with you. You see.. when freedom is given, some make good use of it, some abuse of it.
It's like some big e-shop site(s) laying the stress on reviews from users, then introducing "select reviewers" and rankings to be part of those and receive free merchandise. You think it is a good idea. Short after you realise what it is leading to, reviews (and "this review was useful" votes) becoming a meaningless trademarket, and you regret it is allowed.

Same here. If mentioning other brands is allowed, some will do it honestly, but some will do it in an ambiguously purposed way. What to do then? Remove some posts?

I agree with this policy. The Internet is full of non-brand-tied forums. This is a place to talk Corsair.

I also appreciate the stern way they "censor" insults and offences here. There are too many forums where insults and yahoo-language are allowed, as long as you speak for a minorance and the mob is against you. Here this is prevented firmly. All in all I'd say this forum's quality is on par with Corsair's overall quality.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 752276
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_sunset View Post

Same here. If mentioning other brands is allowed, some will do it honestly, but some will do it in an ambiguously purposed way. What to do then? Remove some posts?

I agree with this policy. The Internet is full of non-brand-tied forums. This is a place to talk Corsair.
While its true,,this forum is for Corsair products,,users cant comment and discuss only Corsair
One example would be if trouble shooting ram,here the m/b brand needs to be also addressed and so on.
Corsair has relaxed its policy somewhat and I think it demonstrated their confidence in the Corsair brand.



Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_sunset View Post
I also appreciate the stern way they "censor" insults and offences here. There are too many forums where insults and yahoo-language are allowed, as long as you speak for a minorance and the mob is against you. Here this is prevented firmly. All in all I'd say this forum's quality is on par with Corsair's overall quality.
Actually I can attest to the fact that their very tolerate and understanding in many ways.,,,if not I likely woulda been given the boot long ago
I think they understand that were prone to mistakes and only expect that we learn from having them re-occur...
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:19 PM
polo093 polo093 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 0
POST ID # = 793611
polo093 Reputation: 10
Default

Ei i want to know why i cannot enter in any of the theards or eather publiicate one. am i missing something?=
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Technobeard's Avatar
Technobeard Technobeard is offline
Bearded Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,265
POST ID # = 793633
Technobeard Reputation: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo093 View Post
Ei i want to know why i cannot enter in any of the theards or eather publiicate one. am i missing something?=
If you can reply here, you can create threads and posts almost anywhere else.
__________________
“Humor is reason gone mad.” - Groucho Marx
"I suggest a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines and acid." - Psychotic potato dwarf
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, especially simian ones. They are not all that subtle." - Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Greybear Greybear is offline
Registered User
Greybear's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
POST ID # = 809542
Greybear Reputation: 10
Default

Rule #3 - Talks about BBCODES and Quoting sources.

Rules #16 - Talks about reporting Violations of Rules and Codes.

Appears to me that there is a QUOTE under #16 that would be better under #3 as an example. And should it not have an Open " and a Closing " ?

Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-23-2015, 06:43 AM
sebastiannielse sebastiannielse is offline
Registered User
sebastiannielse's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 165
POST ID # = 810095
sebastiannielse Reputation: 14
Default

Personally, I Think rule 11 should be clarified to indicate which juridicsion is valid for the forum, eg which country's laws that applies to the forum. Because the argument "something that is legal in your country may not be legal in a Another country" indicates that you are required to obey all county's laws combined, but thats basically impossible, because I do not know of japan's laws for example.

It should be enough that the post in question obeys the laws of the country of the forum server and the laws of the country of the original poster.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Snikerdoodlz Snikerdoodlz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 0
POST ID # = 821586
Snikerdoodlz Reputation: 10
Default

Are we allowed to post suggestions for new products?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Technobeard's Avatar
Technobeard Technobeard is offline
Bearded Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,265
POST ID # = 821588
Technobeard Reputation: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikerdoodlz View Post
Are we allowed to post suggestions for new products?
Yes, but we can't comment on rumored or unreleased products.
__________________
“Humor is reason gone mad.” - Groucho Marx
"I suggest a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines and acid." - Psychotic potato dwarf
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, especially simian ones. They are not all that subtle." - Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-26-2016, 12:46 PM
AGATwitch AGATwitch is offline
I Heart Modding
AGATwitch's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 33
POST ID # = 880257
AGATwitch Reputation: 11
Default

its ok to have a link in the sig such as this one below????
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-26-2016, 05:58 PM
Technobeard's Avatar
Technobeard Technobeard is offline
Bearded Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,265
POST ID # = 880312
Technobeard Reputation: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGATwitch View Post
its ok to have a link in the sig such as this one below????
The specs can be removed since they're in the dropdown.
__________________
“Humor is reason gone mad.” - Groucho Marx
"I suggest a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines and acid." - Psychotic potato dwarf
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, especially simian ones. They are not all that subtle." - Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.