The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > Forum Rules and General Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
autumn_sunset's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752250
autumn_sunset Reputation: 10
Default "censorship".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dims View Post
It wasn't that long ago when Yellowbeard said it's been ages since Corsair has censored anyone's post that mentions a competitor product.

Now we have Wired quoting the info below like hes going to go around acting like North Korea. Only reason a company acts like that is if they have something to hide.
I am just an user here, and I disagree with you. You see.. when freedom is given, some make good use of it, some abuse of it.
It's like some big e-shop site(s) laying the stress on reviews from users, then introducing "select reviewers" and rankings to be part of those and receive free merchandise. You think it is a good idea. Short after you realise what it is leading to, reviews (and "this review was useful" votes) becoming a meaningless trademarket, and you regret it is allowed.

Same here. If mentioning other brands is allowed, some will do it honestly, but some will do it in an ambiguously purposed way. What to do then? Remove some posts?

I agree with this policy. The Internet is full of non-brand-tied forums. This is a place to talk Corsair.

I also appreciate the stern way they "censor" insults and offences here. There are too many forums where insults and yahoo-language are allowed, as long as you speak for a minorance and the mob is against you. Here this is prevented firmly. All in all I'd say this forum's quality is on par with Corsair's overall quality.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752276
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_sunset View Post

Same here. If mentioning other brands is allowed, some will do it honestly, but some will do it in an ambiguously purposed way. What to do then? Remove some posts?

I agree with this policy. The Internet is full of non-brand-tied forums. This is a place to talk Corsair.
While its true,,this forum is for Corsair products,,users cant comment and discuss only Corsair
One example would be if trouble shooting ram,here the m/b brand needs to be also addressed and so on.
Corsair has relaxed its policy somewhat and I think it demonstrated their confidence in the Corsair brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_sunset View Post
I also appreciate the stern way they "censor" insults and offences here. There are too many forums where insults and yahoo-language are allowed, as long as you speak for a minorance and the mob is against you. Here this is prevented firmly. All in all I'd say this forum's quality is on par with Corsair's overall quality.
Actually I can attest to the fact that their very tolerate and understanding in many ways.,,,if not I likely woulda been given the boot long ago
I think they understand that were prone to mistakes and only expect that we learn from having them re-occur...
Old 08-04-2015, 06:19 PM

POST ID # = 793611
polo093 Reputation: 10

Ei i want to know why i cannot enter in any of the theards or eather publiicate one. am i missing something?=
Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 793633
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo093 View Post
Ei i want to know why i cannot enter in any of the theards or eather publiicate one. am i missing something?=
If you can reply here, you can create threads and posts almost anywhere else.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Greybear's PC Specs

POST ID # = 809542
Greybear Reputation: 10

Rule #3 - Talks about BBCODES and Quoting sources.

Rules #16 - Talks about reporting Violations of Rules and Codes.

Appears to me that there is a QUOTE under #16 that would be better under #3 as an example. And should it not have an Open " and a Closing " ?

Old 09-23-2015, 06:43 AM
sebastiannielse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 810095
sebastiannielse Reputation: 14

Personally, I Think rule 11 should be clarified to indicate which juridicsion is valid for the forum, eg which country's laws that applies to the forum. Because the argument "something that is legal in your country may not be legal in a Another country" indicates that you are required to obey all county's laws combined, but thats basically impossible, because I do not know of japan's laws for example.

It should be enough that the post in question obeys the laws of the country of the forum server and the laws of the country of the original poster.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:25 PM

POST ID # = 821586
Snikerdoodlz Reputation: 10

Are we allowed to post suggestions for new products?
Old 11-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 821588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikerdoodlz View Post
Are we allowed to post suggestions for new products?
Yes, but we can't comment on rumored or unreleased products.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:46 PM
I Heart Modding
AGATwitch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880257
AGATwitch Reputation: 11

its ok to have a link in the sig such as this one below????
Old 11-26-2016, 05:58 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 880312

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGATwitch View Post
its ok to have a link in the sig such as this one below????
The specs can be removed since they're in the dropdown.