The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2019, 05:45 PM

POST ID # = 995028
Sho Reputation: 10
Default Changing % power on H115i plat

A sticky says if your AIO cooler has an SATA connector you can ignore putting the fan header at 100%

But, changing the fan header % on a cooler with a SATA connector would do any damage?

Old 02-20-2019, 06:23 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995032
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

No damage possible. It is physically lacking the actual control pin and wire. It won't do anything. The worst case scenario is I've had a few Asus motherboards get momentarily stuck when "tuning the fans" as they try to assess the CPU Fan header when it's not disabled. That's not harmful either. It just made the process take an extra 30 seconds.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:28 PM

POST ID # = 995034

I could be crazy but I had less disconnects on the cooler when I put it to 100%

Maybe it's just extremely intermittent.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:38 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995234
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

The "disconnect issue" is related to the USB connection and not a power drop. That would be critically bad if true. There are quite a few lengthy threads about the Platinum series cooler USB ping-pong, but the short version is try setting your RGB lighting on the pump to a static color. This seems to eliminate the issue for most users.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:18 AM

POST ID # = 995238
manuel1985 Reputation: 10
Woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
The "disconnect issue" is related to the USB connection and not a power drop. That would be critically bad if true. There are quite a few lengthy threads about the Platinum series cooler USB ping-pong, but the short version is try setting your RGB lighting on the pump to a static color. This seems to eliminate the issue for most users.

Not good… . Hopefully Corsair will solve these problems...

Old 02-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995264
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
It's actually caused by iCue/it's service crashing and automatically recovering. When iCue starts, it disconnects/reconnects it's USB devices, and when it crashes frequently you get the USB disconnect/reconnect sounds. iCue needs to be fixed, until then, this workaround should help (don't confuse this for a fix, though, it has it's drawbacks).

Old 02-22-2019, 08:11 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995289
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
It's actually caused by iCue/it's service crashing and automatically recovering. When iCue starts, it disconnects/reconnects it's USB devices, and when it crashes frequently you get the USB disconnect/reconnect sounds. iCue needs to be fixed, until then, this workaround should help (don't confuse this for a fix, though, it has it's drawbacks).
No, the service isn't crashing. Sorry, that's not the issue.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:38 PM

POST ID # = 995294

What in heck is it then?

Old 02-22-2019, 11:46 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995313
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho View Post
What in heck is it then?
I don't have a definitive answer for that. However, whenever the Corsair Service crashes on my machine, Windows generates a dump file. It's pretty easy for me to verify that the service didn't crash.

While I do have my suspicions, that's all they are - suspicions. So I would rather not spread half-truths, rumors or outright falsehoods. But I can say with absolute certainty that it's not the service crashing.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.