Old 02-14-2019, 06:51 AM
iCue βeta Tester WANNABE
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994179
Glzmo Reputation: 10
Woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchan View Post
You might be able to get support to send you fan at cost.

One of my H115i Platinum Fan RGB is defective. I had support to do an advance replacement. Deposit of $50. Part number: CW-8960058

Once i send back the defect RGB fan, they refunded me. You might be able to buy them if cost is not an issue?
Thanks. It's definitely Worth a shot, but we'll see. Perhaps somebody that isn't using the stock fans will want to part ways with theirs, too. I'll have to wait a bit anyway, since I just went out and bought and installed my planned setup. Everything seems to be working well so far, the system runs much cooler already and with all those RGB fans looks "cooler" to boot. B)

Last edited by Glzmo; 02-14-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:08 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994181
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

I think this is probably what Corsair is looking to avoid. Small number of replacements ready if needed, but not enough for launch. Seems crazy not let these new higher speed versions out into the wild, but no one has said anything yet. You can certainly try. Yeah, there’s always Ebay, but since the fans are part of the requirements on a cooler RMA, it’s not overly wise to move them straightaway. Not sure if there will be many.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:04 PM
iCue βeta Tester WANNABE
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994410

On a side note, I noticed that the ML-140 RGB "Platinum" that come with the cooler run around ~2100RPM max compared to the ~2000RPM of the black ML-140 non-LED dual pack fans. Not ideal for my push/pull configuration to have mismatched fans like that. I sure hope the ML-140 RGB "Platinum" fans will be available on the market soon so I can have four of the same fans on the H115i RGB Platinum.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:05 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994418

100 RPM will not matter. You need to stretch is out quite a bit before it becomes an issue. I used to deliberately run my "internal" or sandwiched pair of fans about 200 rpm low. More a noise tuning exercise, but it had zero effect on temps to lower it.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:02 AM
iCue βeta Tester WANNABE
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994462

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
100 RPM will not matter. You need to stretch is out quite a bit before it becomes an issue. I used to deliberately run my "internal" or sandwiched pair of fans about 200 rpm low. More a noise tuning exercise, but it had zero effect on temps to lower it.
Yeah, it's just a bit harder to sync them up, that's all. I wish we had the option to set an RPM curve setting for each fan, not just a % curve.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:47 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994486

So this is one of the slightly more irritating features... The Pro series coolers use a % based fan control system, like every other motherboard I know. I am plenty used to graphing out my % = RPM xxx for all my fans and tend to track this anyway to check control function. There are some weird non-linear ones out there.

However, the Commander Pro has spoiled me a bit. It's control curves are RPM based and you can hook different fans up to the same curve and they will all run at exactly the specified RPM at temperature X. This means I can use the same control curve for any of my fans. I don't know what the Platinum does for control, but it sounds like it is % only like my Pro series. So we are back to the Commander Pro being a rather useful little device, with or without RGB. Not sure how important this is to you, but it would put all connected fans into the iCUE desktop control.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:20 AM
iCue βeta Tester WANNABE
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994501

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
So this is one of the slightly more irritating features... The Pro series coolers use a % based fan control system, like every other motherboard I know. I am plenty used to graphing out my % = RPM xxx for all my fans and tend to track this anyway to check control function. There are some weird non-linear ones out there.

However, the Commander Pro has spoiled me a bit. It's control curves are RPM based and you can hook different fans up to the same curve and they will all run at exactly the specified RPM at temperature X. This means I can use the same control curve for any of my fans. I don't know what the Platinum does for control, but it sounds like it is % only like my Pro series. So we are back to the Commander Pro being a rather useful little device, with or without RGB. Not sure how important this is to you, but it would put all connected fans into the iCUE desktop control.
Yeah, such RPM/Temperature curves is what I'd love to have on the H115i.

I actually had the Commander Pro for a day, but gave it back after it kept disconnecting all Corsair devices every couple of seconds. Then again, it seems like it wasn't the Commander Pro's fault but iCue's as the disconnects are going on without the CoPro as well when the latest version iCue is running, especially when Steam is running as well (I need to try and get my hands on an older iCue version to see if an earlier one doesn't pose that issue).
Also, the Commander Pro was too big to fit neatly into my case and I had to stuff it into it really hard in between the power supply cables as there was no large enough flat surface in the back I could stick it to, which was also a reason why I returned it to the store as it wasn't cheap and over my budget anyway. I also didn't like that the CoPro's USB cable was hardwired while the Node and H115i use Mini/Micro USB connectors respectively.

And no, controlling the other fans wasn't really valuable for me since I run all the case fans at full blast all the time (1200/1600RPM respectively) as that produces acceptable noise levels under my desk. I just want to make sure the four fans on the H115i RGB Pro are running at around 1500-1600RPM until a certain temperature is reached and then ramp up to 2000RPM when the CPU gets really taxed a lot and the temperatures reach "dangerous" levels to keep things "safe".

Last edited by Glzmo; 02-16-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:10 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994511
DevBiker Reputation: 83

The Node and the H115i actually only need a single USB port, even though they consume a full header with two ports. The CoPro needs both ports - if they had them as separate, it would increase the size and you'd have two connectors. That's why it's hard-wired.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:39 PM
iCue βeta Tester WANNABE
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994519
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The Node and the H115i actually only need a single USB port, even though they consume a full header with two ports. The CoPro needs both ports - if they had them as separate, it would increase the size and you'd have two connectors. That's why it's hard-wired.
Makes sense. Thank you for the insight!

Old 02-18-2019, 03:32 PM

POST ID # = 994760
HllCntryHrrcane Reputation: 10

I agree. I am setting up a push pull on an H100i and trying to match fan rpms based on coolant temp is not easy. The H100i runs on 100% fans speed and has more programmable nodes compared to a regular fan plugged into the Commander Pro. Trying to correlate this on 2 different fan curves (one for gaming and one for heavy use) is a PIA for sure.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:40 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994770

Whoops, I see. Moving to the other post.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:09 PM
Skaar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995795
Skaar Reputation: 10

I'm in the same boat as you, although my issue is slightly different. One of my ML140s on my platinum cooler started rattling while the other is quiet as can be.

Naturally since they share the same part name as the available ML140 Pro fans sold separately, I ordered a replacement fan versus sending back my entire cooler... only to discover the fan speeds arent the same.

So now I have one fan running at nearly 50 percent less RPMs then the other fan on the radiator... this shows in ICUE.

I created a support ticket with Corsair to see if they will just send me a replacement ML140 rated at 2000RPMs... I really dont want to tear down my system to send back the entire cooler for a fan.

I will update you on what their support team says in regards to ordering the correct fans separately.