Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Goose935's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930689
Goose935 Reputation: 10
Unhappy Lighting node pro is not showing in corsair link anymore

Hi all,

This is my first post here as I am new. I have just recently bought the 570x case and with it i bought the 3pack of the ll120's.

My problem is that the lighting node pro was working perfectly, now when i restarted my pc, LNP no longer shows in Corsair Link?

I have googled and came across the option of updating the firmware by using the button on the lighting node pro itself to open the CRP_DISABLED drive and replace that firmware file. Unfortunately it still does not show in Corsair Link.

I find it very odd that it just stopped working and cant find another example of this online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, these fans look beautiful and I just want them to work again.

I have installed SIV64 but am not familiar with it. If there are any screenshots I need to attach, please let me know.

Regards
Goose

Old 12-15-2017, 03:38 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930704
DevBiker Reputation: 88

First, let's take a look at things in USBDView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html). When you run this, it'll list USB devices on the system. You'll want to look in the "VendorID" column for "1b1c" (that's Corsair) and then a Product ID of "0c0b". That will be the Lighting Node Pro.
It should show if it's connected or not.
If it's not connected, we need to start looking at the cables.
First, if you can, use a different internal USB header. If that's not possibly, you can use a mini USB cable to plug into the LNP and then into an external USB port.
Also, try changing the adapter. And make sure that it's SATA straight from the PSU and not via a molex-to-SATA adapter.
USBDView will print an HTML report (View ... HTML Report). If you want to generate one and post it here, we can take a look.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Goose935's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930717

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
First, let's take a look at things in USBDView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html). When you run this, it'll list USB devices on the system. You'll want to look in the "VendorID" column for "1b1c" (that's Corsair) and then a Product ID of "0c0b". That will be the Lighting Node Pro.
It should show if it's connected or not.
If it's not connected, we need to start looking at the cables.
First, if you can, use a different internal USB header. If that's not possibly, you can use a mini USB cable to plug into the LNP and then into an external USB port.
Also, try changing the adapter. And make sure that it's SATA straight from the PSU and not via a molex-to-SATA adapter.
USBDView will print an HTML report (View ... HTML Report). If you want to generate one and post it here, we can take a look.

Hi DevBiker,

I see in USBDView that the vendorID matches but the productID is "0c0c". Could this be the SP120's hatg come with the case?

I find it strange that it is the cabling because it was working last night.

In siv64 under LINK DEVICES, it was showing up as detecting lighting node pro but it was not active. I clicked uninstall in the hope that i could reinstall it but i cant find any driver for the lighting node pro online and I have alread updated the firmware through the CPS DISABLED drive.

It wont allow me to upload the html file, it says it is invalid??

Old 12-15-2017, 04:50 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930719

That's the ID for the boot loader for the new ROM. So it's in the mode to load the new firmware. I can't say that I know how to get it out of that mode.
So ... in USBDView, is that the only device that matches the Vendor ID? And try changing the HTML file name to .txt. Or zipping it and attaching it. Ugh.
And we've seen cases where the device worked, then didn't work ... and swapping the cables fixed it right up. Don't ask me why that worked, it just did. (At some point, one doesn't argue with 'working').

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Goose935's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930722

Yeah thats the only vendorID there. Swapping which cables do you mean specifically?

When I just got the fans, the exact same thing happened. They did not work when i just got the pc, next morning they worked.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:22 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930725

The USB cable for the Lighting Node Pro; it should be plugged into a motherboard USB header. The plug on the LNP will be a standard (albeit a touch dated) mini-USB port. You can use any mini-USB cable to connect it to a USB port, even one that's in the IO shield of your case.
That said, if it's still in firmware update mode, it may not show up. I don't know; I never did or needed to do that.
Also, can you confirm that the power connection is a direct SATA connection from the power supply and not via a molex-to-sata adapter?

Old 12-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Goose935's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930839

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The USB cable for the Lighting Node Pro; it should be plugged into a motherboard USB header. The plug on the LNP will be a standard (albeit a touch dated) mini-USB port. You can use any mini-USB cable to connect it to a USB port, even one that's in the IO shield of your case.
That said, if it's still in firmware update mode, it may not show up. I don't know; I never did or needed to do that.
Also, can you confirm that the power connection is a direct SATA connection from the power supply and not via a molex-to-sata adapter?
Hi again,

It is a direct SATA connection. It still has not come good on its own, which i was hoping for, as thats what it did when i first got them. I have been scouring the depths of this forum and I just cant find anything related to this. Could it perhaps just be a software thing? I know that the LL120's are new, but the LNP has been out for a while and there a various updates for it. It should be stable enough to at least show up in devices.

Is there no way to install something via SIV64 or anything to check the software? for an update or something other than the firmware.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:34 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930845

Can you still see the bootloader device in USBDView? How about the LNP? (That would be PID 0c0b.)
And, if so, does it have a green dot next to it?

Old 12-17-2017, 11:31 AM

POST ID # = 930895
skygunner27 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose935 View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post here as I am new. I have just recently bought the 570x case and with it i bought the 3pack of the ll120's.

My problem is that the lighting node pro was working perfectly, now when i restarted my pc, LNP no longer shows in Corsair Link?

I have googled and came across the option of updating the firmware by using the button on the lighting node pro itself to open the CRP_DISABLED drive and replace that firmware file. Unfortunately it still does not show in Corsair Link.

I find it very odd that it just stopped working and cant find another example of this online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, these fans look beautiful and I just want them to work again.

I have installed SIV64 but am not familiar with it. If there are any screenshots I need to attach, please let me know.

Regards
Goose
I think we have the exact same problem.

Can you try:
With Power supply unit in the on postion(don't turn it off).
Shut down your PC via Windows 10? Then un plug the USB 2.0 header coming from the LNP from your motherboard. Then plug it back in to the header and turn on your system.

Do your fans light up after doing this?

Last edited by skygunner27; 12-17-2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Clarification

Old 12-17-2017, 11:35 AM

POST ID # = 930896

I'm starting to think this is bios related. If I do what I just asked you to do my fans RGB lights work and Corsair Links sees my LL fans. But as soon as I cut power to the power supply unit, from post my LL fans will not light up no matter what.

The only way I can get them to work again, is to do what I just asked you to do. I have 6 LL fans installed, and an extra 140mm 2 pack with extra LNP and CP. I bought an extra set up because I thought it must be a problem with the Corsair LNP and CP. I even got my motherboard replaced with the exact same Asus Rampage V Edition 10 board... and this problem is still here.

I also own the AER RGB fans from NZXT with Hue+ controller. I have tried this setup in the exact same 2.0 USB headers on my board, and they work fine with RGB. So there must be some type of conflict in my setup.

I am trying to get this figured out as soon as possible. I have already initiated a return of some of my Corsair stuff related to this problem. I really do like these fans but if I have to reseat the USB header coming from the LNP, every time I cut power to the PSU.... I'm just going to go with my NZXT AER RGB setup.

Last edited by skygunner27; 12-17-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931067
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I don't think anyone would necessarily fault you. Can you update your profile on the forum with your PC system specs?

Also, have you updated your system to the most recent BIOS, used the most recent drivers/software for everything, yadda yadda yadda?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:07 PM

POST ID # = 931096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I don't think anyone would necessarily fault you. Can you update your profile on the forum with your PC system specs?

Also, have you updated your system to the most recent BIOS, used the most recent drivers/software for everything, yadda yadda yadda?
I have everything updated including bios.
Here is my setup.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/ML7WGX

Old 12-19-2017, 12:56 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931180
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Good lord, that's quite a system.

So the Lighting Node Pro is outright disappearing from the system when you cut power to the PSU? Or is it just not saving your settings and you have to redo them?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:53 PM
shankar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942799
shankar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygunner27 View Post
I have everything updated including bios.
Here is my setup.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/ML7WGX

Hi there,

I am also facing the same issue. Just curious, did you manage to get it sorted? Corsair support is asking me to RMA even though I have tried it with 2 of the LNP that came with my fans.

Till i completely power down the system (including switching off the power to PSU), i am ok. The moment i switch off the power to PSU, LNP is no longer detected and I have to reset in the following order

1. unplug all power to fan hub, lighting node pro and usb connection to LNP
2. Connect the hub
3. Connect usb to LNP at which point the system detects LNP
4. Connect the sata power to LNP
5. Link works flawlessly post this point and remembers all fan settings etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Old 03-01-2018, 03:59 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942800

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar View Post
Hi there,

I am also facing the same issue. Just curious, did you manage to get it sorted? Corsair support is asking me to RMA even though I have tried it with 2 of the LNP that came with my fans.

Till i completely power down the system (including switching off the power to PSU), i am ok. The moment i switch off the power to PSU, LNP is no longer detected and I have to reset in the following order

1. unplug all power to fan hub, lighting node pro and usb connection to LNP
2. Connect the hub
3. Connect usb to LNP at which point the system detects LNP
4. Connect the sata power to LNP
5. Link works flawlessly post this point and remembers all fan settings etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Have you updated the firmware? Perhaps try a hard reset? (see
)

Tags
link, ll, lnp