Corsair Community

Corsair Void "Connect using USB" Not working?

Crinny

Hi!

I got these headphones today and I can't seem to update the firmware because the corsair utility sits at "Connect using USB Cable to update" even though it's sitting here plugged in.

Is this a common issue? What can I do to remedy this?

Thanks!

I did try, I also contacted the support who told me they didn't know what was happening but I still didn't want to RMA (again) since the headset technically still works flawlessly.

I tried literally every possible options, disconnecting, uninstalling CUE, uninstalling the drives, connecting both USB cables to the motherboard, to new USBs, to old ones that I "cleaned", I tried pretty much everything that was possible.

Hi Crinny and Ragarnoy. Try connecting the Void to a different USB port. Example: if the headset is plugged in via USB on your system's front panel, try one of the ports on the rear IO.

i have the same problem i have tried every usb port on my pc and nothing is working what should i do is this a software bug or is this a problem with my headset

Does Windows see the headset connected via USB?

Open Devices and Printers and looks for "Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming Headset" or something similar to that.

yes but it's the dongle it sees not the headset it self :/

I should have been more clear.

The dongle and headset will be seen as the same device name. The dongle will be under Devices while the headset will be under Unspecified.

If it's seen but there is a warning icon over it or you don't see anything like the picture, Open Device Manager and see whether there are any unknown devices or USB devices with a error icon, if there is, right click on the device > properties > general and copy+paste the device status here.

Capture.JPG.6609240c008480de4c495c7f289dc3e6.JPG

The Issue looks like this: my Headset cant connect to the dongle. i tried pushing the little button next to the dongle led for synchronizing. didnt work. if i connect my headset to the pc via USB i see it as a unknown device but no error. so what should i do now? http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160802/pbc4kgof.png

ok i fixed it.

You pluging the dongle. You plugin the Headset via USB. (Turn the HEADSET OFF!)

Then you take a pin an push the reset button on the dongle for 5 secs until the LED goes really fast.

After that press the Power on Button on the Headset for 10 secs.

fixed it for me. connection was established and i was welcomed by a nice lady voice.

• 7 months later...

Archived