Corsair Community

Another 'How Do I Remove Corsair Link?' Thread

capitrium

So I installed my brand new Corsair H80i yesterday, fired up my system and everything worked great; temps idling at roughly 30°C, up to 75° under heavy load. Installed Corsair Link v3.1.5570, played around with the LED settings, good times.

Came home today and booted up my pc (Windows 7 w/ Intel i5 3570K), noticed the fans were a little quieter than I remembered them being the night before. Checked Core Temp, which reported a max of 80°C under light web browsing. Idle temps were now at 50°C and spiking up to at least 70°C almost instantly under any kind of load. Corsair Link reported a min of 45°C and a max of 50°C while I had it open, vastly different from values reported from software I've used for years; I also needed to close and reopen Link to pick up any profile changes, i.e. fan speeds. This was not the case when I first installed the software, it only started happening after the first cold boot of the system after installing Corsair Link.

I followed the suggested method of uninstalling Corsair Link: I removed the program and USB drivers via add/remove programs, removed the User/AppData/Roaming/Corsair folder, removed the Program Files(x86)/Corsair folder, and did a cold boot of my machine. The cooler is definitely still using the Corsair Link profile, as it is using the fan speeds and LED settings I had last set in Link.

I need to know how to reset this cooler to it's factory settings. As it stands right now, I'd be better off with the stock cpu fan. Any help is appreciated, feel free to let me know if you'd like more information on my setup, etc.; I'd really rather not have to deal with an RMA process after a day and a half...

• Corsair Employee

There are no circumstances in which the Intel stock cooler would outperform the H80i. It sounds like the waterblock isn't making good contact with the CPU; doublecheck the backplate and make sure the notched side is wrapping around the two socket screws, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/jBklGCD.jpg

Archived