Corsair Community

Black Screening / Video Card output switching off from iCUE

WhiskeyOmega

Hello, i have the same problem. Yesterday when my pc started and i was writting my password, my pc was restarted... days ago had the random black screen issue since i installed the iCUE Software for my new Strafe MK2 keyboard and Sabre mouse. I have unistalled AURA software (for MOBO and video card) and installed AURA only for my Graphics Card for testing.

Sorry for my bad english.

@raptor734 - When you say:

"The problem is that I'm still crashing despite uninstalling them."

Could you describe exactly what you mean by that? Specifically, does your PC blue screen? Black screen? Does it ever recover? Any sound abnormalities if you are playing music or watching youtube etc when it happens?

If it was just iCUE causing your crashes it should have stopped when iCUE was uninstalled.

You may want to DL and run bluescreenview and see what your latest crash logs show is making you crash now that you uninstalled iCUE.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

@meleemike It turns out there were some files from cpuid in my Windows temp folder that was still causing the issue. After deleting them I am now crash free! :sillygrin

Edited by raptor734
Spelling

I uninstalled all monitoring softwares and aura. installed icue and made all the setting to the keyboard and mouse. then just uninstalled icue. the settings were saved. so now i can reinstall the softwares i usually use.

Now my problem is that the k63 wireless keyboard keeps randomly dissconnecting... wtf

And you are or are not experiencing the issue as well?

Question: Are your chipset drivers updated?

Just getting back to this thread; Life got busy so i just uninstalled iCUE and went back to CUE (with no blackscreening while CUE is installed).

Can't fins download for CUE anymore an really want iCUE to work properly.

To answer the question, I was experiencing the issue; wasn't while using CUE. To my knowledge my drivers are up to date

Popped in to see if there were any updates.

On my end, renaming the cpuid .dll's seems to have resolved the black-screen crashes on my Rog H7Wifi, but broke iCue's link to my Vengeance Pro RGB RAM. Could certainly be worse, but frustrating nonetheless (I actually bought the RAM thinking it was the reason my last board was black-screening, but obviously wasn't.)

If there's any logs we can pull that would help identify the issue and drive to a resolution I would be happy to provide it when I have the time to do so. I would love to be back to 100% functionality again; getting close to time for another teardown to do a water loop and if I need to make any changes that would certainly be the time to do so.

Hey everyone due to the fact that this issue is occurring on such an old chipset it's been hard for the team to get a system in for testing.

They have a few leads on obtaining an x79 system. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

...This occurred to me on both a B350 chipset and an X470...I mean, I can understand the trouble of finding an X79 system, but don't totally follow the relevance of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey can I add that I have the exact same problem, Install ICUE,(I have STRAFE Keyboard) update Firmware and software and from that moment I get daily crashes, sometimes several.

I only figured it out because corsair ICUE was the only thing ever mentioned in reliability history, usually the lockups show as nothing. So I tried removing it....left PC on for a week solid , no crashes. Reinstalled ICUE today and have already had two lockups.

This is a clean install, in fact I was doing my install when this all started, shortly after installing ICUE for my keyboard.

The lockup shows itself as sudden PC failure, screen goes black, keyboard lights go black but PC stays lit up and fans are still running. I have to use the rear power switch to restart the PC as power and reset no longer work.

Could I just say it saddens me to read about being unable to source an older system, is that a joke?? Like the other poster I could have a system with that spec inside a week with about 10-mins effort. (I work in Macdonalds so you have no excuse) Leaves me little hope that this issue will be resolved.

Ryzen 2700X and Asus X370-f (latest bios 4024) It crashed the same on previous bios's

debug logging.zip

Edited by alphalvr

Hey can I add that I have the exact same problem, Install ICUE,(I have STRAFE Keyboard) update Firmware and software and from that moment I get daily crashes, sometimes several.

I only figured it out because corsair ICUE was the only thing ever mentioned in reliability history, usually the lockups show as nothing. So I tried removing it....left PC on for a week solid , no crashes. Reinstalled ICUE today and have already had two lockups.

This is a clean install, in fact I was doing my install when this all started, shortly after installing ICUE for my keyboard.

The lockup shows itself as sudden PC failure, screen goes black, keyboard lights go black but PC stays lit up and fans are still running. I have to use the rear power switch to restart the PC as power and reset no longer work.

Could I just say it saddens me to read about being unable to source an older system, is that a joke?? Like the other poster I could have a system with that spec inside a week with about 10-mins effort. (I work in Macdonalds so you have no excuse) Leaves me little hope that this issue will be resolved.

Ryzen 2700X and Asus X370-f (latest bios 4024) It crashed the same on previous bios's

Try deleting the CPUID files in iCue's registry, that seemed to work for me.

Unfortunately, I ended up RMA'ing my 370 Strix thinking that was the issue before I ended up resolving this, but the latest update seems to be running fine on my C7Hero. Latest iCue, latest BIOS. I fixed the stability issues previously by doing the CPUID fix I mentioned above, but it cost me the RGB controls for my Vengeance Pro ram; this latest update I left everything as is and have been problem free for a week *knocks on wood*

That is funny as I was in the process of RMA'ing my 970 EVO NVME m.2 drive being almost certain that was the culprit.

Then I noticed icue had been mentioned in reliability history (only once because usually nothing is logged anywhere due to the sudden hard lockup nature) I was not really expecting it to be the cause of issue but as soon as it was uninstalled the problem went away.

After leaving my PC on for a week with no more crashes I reinstalled icue yesterday and have had 4 hard lockups in 24 hours.

I have just uninstalled the software again as it makes the PC virtually unusable.

I will try what you suggest, not really what I wanted to hear. What would be nice is if they included a check box which would allow me to disable polling of the sensors. (my theory as to the cause)

If they need a board for testing they just need a X370-f because it happens so often it should be at least helpful in pinning this down.

My new PC has ruined my STRAFE RGB keyboard :(:

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god, I waited nearly 3 weeks before checking back at this forum, and there has been zero input from Corsair.

I stupidly ordered a Corsair 280mm AIO because I didn't want to add more software. I forgot it was not even installed so I reinstalled ICUE last night and have already had 5 lock-ups, requires power button reset every time.

I guess it is going back, I think I will try my luck with Amazon on the keyboard as well, it has been a while but this is useless.

I had forgotten just how big a pain this is.

I forgot to mention the reason I saw ICUE in event viewer even though the crashes do not get logged is because when I install ICUE I get one critical event and two warnings.

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: Corsair.Service.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.13.0.11

Problem Signature 03: 5c52e5e1

Problem Signature 04: System.Management

Problem Signature 05: 4.7.3190.0

Problem Signature 06: 5b6947cb

Problem Signature 07: 8a

Problem Signature 08: 51

Problem Signature 09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 2beb

Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46

Additional Information 3: 900a

Additional Information 4: 900ace4b71a5dd638cea219188cb9500

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: e9766d44275eea45f07c79dfa4df20ca (1187958403169722570)

Description

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: CORSAIR iCUE Software. Product Version: 3.13.94. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Corsair. Installation success or error status: 1624.

Description

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: CORSAIR iCUE Software. Product Version: 3.13.94. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Corsair. Installation success or error status: 1602.

Maybe that helps.

I also started a ticket, lets see what they say. TICKET #871609

One question, has anybody with this issue tested it with and without the Asus ai-suite software as it seems mostly to be with Asus boards??

I already had the software installed as I like the fan expert software, (one of the main reasons I choose Asus boards) has anyone experienced the same issues with no ai-suite??

I only ask as my previous Asus board with a Z77 chipset and Intel 3770K CPU used to have issues (reboots) when using any other software that also polled the sensors. Board was rock solid otherwise.

Edited by alphalvr

Hey everyone due to the fact that this issue is occurring on such an old chipset it's been hard for the team to get a system in for testing.

They have a few leads on obtaining an x79 system. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

I've had this issue on an X470 chipset board with a Ryzen 7, which is not old at all (build is coming up on 1 year old). I've mentioned this fact in previous replies. I fail to see why they're insisting on finding an old X79 board when they could have easily re-created a build similar to mine and most likely re-created the issue. I do buy the fact that it's difficult to trace and understand the number of potential variables, but by now I'd expect they'd have partnered with ASUS to try to narrow down the likely culprits.

I also happen to have crashes despite having the DLL's renamed, however they are far less frequent (once a week or so). I find that the time between system start and login is directly related to whether or not the system crashes once login completes. I usually have to be quick about typing in a password or I'll end up with a black screen within minutes of logging in.

We can only hope for an answer... but after all this time (and all the unsuccessful updates) I'm not holding my breath.

As I was the op of this thread of probably the 1st person to bring this up id just like to say its now been 2 years and Corsair have done nothing about this issue. If they were a UK based company id be taking them to court for goods not to satisfaction quality as they havent provided a solution to the black screening just a workaround which means our CPU temps cannot be read and therefore the fans do not work correctly.

So glad I found this post. I have a X79 with 4930K & recently installed H100 Pro with icue. Spent the last 3 weeks getting occasional random freezing, crashes, etc...System was fine before. Pulling my hair out wondering what was causing it. Guess I found the answer.

Same problem here, Windows 10 minidump attached.

No more freezes after setting CoPro setting on MSI Motherbord sensor.

Pursuing tests : it seems that freezing occurs when setting thermal sensor of CoPro on I9 Chipset.

I reinstalled MSI Dragon Center. Let's see.

Edited by Djiddy

• Corsair Employee
more people with the problem and yet Corsair completely ignore it. This isnt how you run a company!

Hey Whiskey, I apologize if we haven't chimed in on this thread for quite sometime now. When I was going through a few pages back, you're right, we should have provided you guys some kind of update with regards to the issue that you reported. Now looking at the description of the issue that you're experiencing, I truly believe that this is not only exclusive to X79 platform. I've seen others that are having a very similar issue that you're having.

Out of curiosity, I might have missed it on your previous post, but when you remove iCUE, do you get the same behavior? Is the system stable with out iCUE? I'm just wondering if it's really iCUE that's triggering those crashes, because the first time you reported this issue was about a year ago and during that time, iCUE had so many revisions already to address a good amount of known issues that we found in the field. At this point, I think it wouldn't hurt to look at other factors as well other than iCUE. That being said, it doesn't mean that we take out iCUE out of the equation.

I will get this over to the software team for them to evaluate (or re-evaluate). In the meantime, is it cool if you provide some recent error logs? as I am pretty sure software/validation team will ask the moment I bring this up.

Hey Whiskey, I apologize if we haven't chimed in on this thread for quite sometime now. When I was going through a few pages back, you're right, we should have provided you guys some kind of update with regards to the issue that you reported. Now looking at the description of the issue that you're experiencing, I truly believe that this is not only exclusive to X79 platform. I've seen others that are having a very similar issue that you're having.

Out of curiosity, I might have missed it on your previous post, but when you remove iCUE, do you get the same behavior? Is the system stable with out iCUE? I'm just wondering if it's really iCUE that's triggering those crashes, because the first time you reported this issue was about a year ago and during that time, iCUE had so many revisions already to address a good amount of known issues that we found in the field. At this point, I think it wouldn't hurt to look at other factors as well other than iCUE. That being said, it doesn't mean that we take out iCUE out of the equation.

I will get this over to the software team for them to evaluate (or re-evaluate). In the meantime, is it cool if you provide some recent error logs? as I am pretty sure software/validation team will ask the moment I bring this up.

We know exactly what it is at this point. CPUIDSDK.dll and CPUIDSDK64.dll in icue. If they are running with icue it black screens. if You rename them and have icue and corsair service running its fine except you cannot use your cpu as a temperature reading for your fan cooling nor will it read hardward temps and such

So glad I found this post. I have a X79 with 4930K & recently installed H100 Pro with icue. Spent the last 3 weeks getting occasional random freezing, crashes, etc...System was fine before. Pulling my hair out wondering what was causing it. Guess I found the answer.

Since uninstalling icue, my system has been working fine.

Very disappointed with Corsair. The issue I have now is that there is no driver for the H100 Pro. You can only do this with icue. I wish I could return the Cooler but Novatech are not being great as the cooler isn’t physically broken even though the software to run it is!!!

Looks like I’m going to have to eBay the cooler, lose some money from my purchase & buy a different cooler.

This really has made me not want to buy any more Corsair products & not overly pleased with the way Novatech is handling the situation.