Corsair Community

Request/Feedback: Better Dashboard Support for Non-Corsair Devices

cchan0535

I've been really diving into iCUE for the first time over the weekend and all-in-all I'm pretty impressed so far. The UI is nice if sometimes a little sputtery performance-wise, but I can't find much else to fault with the overall UX aside from small things (not enough control over the Dashboard view, left-clicking the tray icon brings up what looks a context menu rather than just fronting the application, "how to do xyz" could oftentimes benefit from being more readily discoverable, etc.)

One thing that *is* bugging me though is the lack of Dashboard support for non-Corsair devices. If iCUE is intended to be some kind of global solution for system monitoring and control, it's not going to serve that purpose well if it can't read 90% of the non-Corsair hardware sensors in the system and can't surface useful information about most of the ones it *can* read.

For example, my motherboard has probably 16-18 onboard temp sensors alone (disregarding the pluggable headers). iCUE only sees six of them and can actually identify exactly zero (everything is just Temp 1, Temp 2, etc.), whereas other monitoring tools like HWINFO see and correctly label them all.

Another example: My graphics card shows up in iCUE as a single unlabeled temp and a fan running permanently at zero (!) RPM. The card itself has a couple dozen sensors of various types, which again are read and labeled correctly by other tools.

And one more for the road: My NVMe drive isn't even detected by iCUE at all despite also having a zillion sensors. I'm bringing this one up because it's actually a regression. The drive used to be there and just disappeared at some point without my immediately noticing.

Anyway, are there plans to address this at some point? Other monitoring tools are vastly superior in terms of properly detecting what's in the system, but also tend to be on the ugly side, don't give me the ability to define nice fan curves and whatnot, and certainly don't control system lighting. It'd be great to have a one stop shop for everything (especially given iCUE's seeming inability to happily coexist with any other monitoring software).

Regarding the drive temperature ... go to Settings ... Dashboard ... Enable Hard Drive Widget and make sure it's checked. You may need to restart iCUE and the Service for it to show up.

Well played! Why put it behind a checkbox in settings rather than have it available by default, though (mostly asking in case there's some sort of issue with it I should be aware of)?

Well played! Why put it behind a checkbox in settings rather than have it available by default, though (mostly asking in case there's some sort of issue with it I should be aware of)?

You missed all of the drama with the hard drive clicking. Apparently, some mechanical hard drive click when their sensors are read. This caused quite a bit of consternation here on the forum. This checkbox (and them being off-by-default) is the result.

You missed all of the drama with the hard drive clicking. Apparently, some mechanical hard drive click when their sensors are read. This caused quite a bit of consternation here on the forum. This checkbox (and them being off-by-default) is the result.

Hah, guess I missed that show. In fairness, it's been probably close to a decade since I've run mechanical drives in anything outside of a NAS or external RAID enclosure, so I didn't exactly give myself the chance to be affected by it.

Thanks again for the tip just the same!

My drives are setup in the Intel RST as RAID0 also don't appear in the dashboard, however, my external WD RAID1 does, so I thought that was interesting to find.

It would be great to add the ones connected through the motherboard SATA and PCIe like other hardware monitors. HWiNFO64 does pick them up, for example, so it seems to hopefully just be a configuration adjustment in iCUE.

Tony

Archived