Corsair Community

Macro execution is not working properly

Rawland_Hustle

I bought a brand new PC along with a Corsair keyboard and mouse a few days ago. The mouse is a M65. I have saved some macros for the thumb buttons in iCUE.

These macros stop working E V E R Y single time I restart my computer and it's driving me crazy! I get an error message in iCUE that says "Macro execution is not working properly. Please repair installation of iCUE". I have to repair the installation and reboot my computer three times to fix this problem! Then it's back whenever I restart my computer after that.

I have spent hours reading and trying different suggestions on how to solve this problem, which apparantly has been around for a while. How do I fix this problem!?

Just updated my windows and this has been happening to me also except i dont have a mouse i only have the void headset. Same error doe "Macro execution is not working properly. Please repair installation of iCUE"

If i find a fix ill updated but for now im just trying the repair thing next to uninstall

• 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

I've never really liked that error.

It's not actually a macro execution whatever, it's a general error that is more or less saying that the HID driver hasn't loaded. So this is what I'd like you to try.

First, clean uninstall iCUE using this method: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

Then, make sure you turn off your Antivirus software, and then run this MSI installer fix to REINSTALL iCUE: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

If none of the works, before you attempt performing a Repair through the installer, instead go to Settings and turn off Start on System Startup, and then restart the PC and see if the issue happens if you wait 3 mins after boot to open iCUE. This last step is just for testing purposes.

• 2 months later...

After I installed the recent optional Corsair System and Corsair HID Class updates from Microsoft Update, I lost functionality of my K95 keyboard macros and Glaive Mouse macros.

I fixed it by terminating iCue in Task Manager, going into Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall or Change a Program>Corsair iCue Software, right-clicking, then selecting Repair.

Files were updated and apparently missing ones added and when it was done and I rebooted, I had all the keyboard and mouse macros working properly again.

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...
After I installed the recent optional Corsair System and Corsair HID Class updates from Microsoft Update, I lost functionality of my K95 keyboard macros and Glaive Mouse macros.

I fixed it by terminating iCue in Task Manager, going into Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall or Change a Program>Corsair iCue Software, right-clicking, then selecting Repair.

Files were updated and apparently missing ones added and when it was done and I rebooted, I had all the keyboard and mouse macros working properly again.

^^^ THIS WORKED GREAT FOR ME ^^^

I created a forum account just to reply to you, and say thank you, and let others know this advice worked PERFECTLY for me.

Nearly all my custom "multi-button press" macro's stopped working (for example having a binding on a key that when pressed, actually presses "Ctrl+Alt+F1" all at once, from a single button press. Anything like that stopped working. Other basic core functions of iCue, like bindings for changing profiles, etc remained working though, which was confusing trying to troubleshoot the issue.

This has been bothering me for a few months now... because I ran out of troubleshooting ideas... I thought maybe my fancy global keyboard shortcuts were conflicting with other application's that I've installed who also have global keyboard shortcuts, entirely unrelated to iCue... but nope.... it was definitely iCue.

I followed you directions, with only a few notable (but probably inconsequencial) modifications in bold:

1) I closed iCUE (I'm 99% sure i just closed it normally though, and not through task manager... but no harm, no foul either way I believe. As long as you are sure it is closed.)

2) Went to "Add/Remove Programs" by typing that in the Start Menu on Windows 10.

3) Searched for and clicked on "CORSAIR iCUE Software" in the "Add/Remove Programs" window.

4) Clicked on the "Modify" button that appears after you click on "CORSAIR iCUE Software".

5) Then clicked on "Repair" and "Next" on the final install window that pops up. Ultimately, a reboot was not required for me to observe an immediate fix. I just made sure iCue was running again, and everything was fine immediately, 100% back to normal.

Thank you SO much. It was driving me nuts. And now absolutely everything is back to normal for what was a very simple fix.

In case anyone is wondering:

I was having the issues on a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum. Most recent version of Corsair iCUE Software. And on the latest most updated version of Windows 10 Pro on a desktop PC. See my "Orbitrix's PC Specs" details below my name at the top of this post, for further system details.

Edited by Orbitrix