Corsair Community

Suitable replacement for a Vengeance M90 mouse?

Super-Pangolin

For all its issues, I loved the M90 for how comfortable it was. Nearly 3 years later and the scroll wheel issue has become too severe to bear any longer and so I need a replacement. Problem is, I can't seem to get my hands on an M90/M95 anymore.

I've tried a bunch of mice, but got so used to the M90's ergonomics that everything else feels so uncomfortable. I used a Deathadder for about a week before the cramps became unbearable, and I've been using a R.A.T. TE for a couple weeks now but it's not getting any more comfortable.

I've got my eye on Corsair's Sabre mouse because it seems to be a similar shape, but was wondering if anybody else has also had this experience of trying to find a mouse with similar ergonomics to replace their old M90/M95?

For all its issues, I loved the M90 for how comfortable it was. Nearly 3 years later and the scroll wheel issue has become too severe to bear any longer and so I need a replacement. Problem is, I can't seem to get my hands on an M90/M95 anymore.

I've tried a bunch of mice, but got so used to the M90's ergonomics that everything else feels so uncomfortable. I used a Deathadder for about a week before the cramps became unbearable, and I've been using a R.A.T. TE for a couple weeks now but it's not getting any more comfortable.

I've got my eye on Corsair's Sabre mouse because it seems to be a similar shape, but was wondering if anybody else has also had this experience of trying to find a mouse with similar ergonomics to replace their old M90/M95?

M65 would be more like a M90, but you should also take a look at the new Scimitar

M65 would be more like a M90, but you should also take a look at the new Scimitar

I tried an M60 around the time I decided to buy the M90, and found it unpleasant as the sharper plastic edge of the thumb-side panel dug into the base of my thumb.

The Scimitar looks like it might be a good alternative, but I'm worried it may wind up being uncomfortably tall with all of those MMO buttons, like the G600... has anybody tried it out?

Well, I went ahead and bought a Sabre. On the off-chance anybody passes by here in the future... essentially no, it is NOT a good replacement ergonomically for the M90/M95.

The concave grip on the side for your pinky/ring fingers is much more pronounced than it appeared in photos, and I've been getting cramps from my wrist through those fingers whilst I adjust. It SEEMS to be getting more comfortable, but it's not been an easy change. It's also noticeably shorter than the M90/M95, as I find my palm slipping down off the back onto my mousepad easier than it used to.

Other than that, the thumb rest is comfy and my index & middle fingers have been having no issues resting or clicking buttons. The tactile surface is good and the software is an improvement, although the sensor seems to perform worse than my M90 did... I also much preferred its heavier weight.

Such a shame Corsair discontinued the M90/M95 range...

Archived