Corsair Community

K95 Preorder

tl16

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINAAAALLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of depressing that corsair doesn't give out planned release dates. I learned about this keyboard in late February and decided it was time to go mechanical. I convinced two of my friends the same, as we all figured early spring meant like end of march... So I began checking every single day for a release announcement. My first friend ended up giving up on waiting in early April and just bought a non mechanical Logitech, my other friend bought a razer keyboard a week ago.

I just feel kind of let down. The only reason I didn't go with a different keyboard too was that I wanted the 18 macro keys and Logitech doesn't make one with mechanical keys.

It's not that I don't like knowing about a product in advance, it's that I absolutely HATE that I had to wait and wait and wait, expecting my keyboard by mid-late april at the latest, and having no idea why it hasn't been released yet, and when it was going to be released.

Anyways I'm just butthurt about having to wait so damn long without an indication of when the keyboard is released. "Early spring" is definitely not the same as halfway through spring...

It is available on US amazon if you search for the same thing. I pre-ordered it there.

Price: $149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

Usually ships within 1 to 3 months.

1 to 3 month ? oh yeah do they even know we got plane?

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. I'm seriously considering just buying a different keyboard. Now it may be Newegg's fault for listing the release date as May 6th but I'm still pissed. Now I have to wait another two weeks at least? And it doesn't help that we get no updates from corsair about when a product is going to be released, or why a product may be delayed, etc. At this rate "Early Spring" might as well mean summer. Additionally, the K70 was announced two months after the k95, and still comes out before it? Dafuq?

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. I'm seriously considering just buying a different keyboard. Now it may be Newegg's fault for listing the release date as May 6th but I'm still pissed. Now I have to wait another two weeks at least? And it doesn't help that we get no updates from corsair about when a product is going to be released, or why a product may be delayed, etc. At this rate "Early Spring" might as well mean summer. Additionally, the K70 was announced two months after the k95, and still comes out before it? Dafuq?

Even companies like Apple delay things. There are a million variables that can control weather or not an item goes out or not. I didn't get my K70 last Friday because of a "Late Train". Stuff happens, calm down. You crying on an internet forum is NOT going to get your keyboard any faster.

I feel your pain. I pre-ordered it the minute I saw this thread making sure to get the 3 day delivery with it. I then saw that it was being sold on Amazon and looked on there just because and I saw that 1-3 month wait. I was thankful I didn't order from there I thought. However, they do offer that extended warranty (I think after your product warranty has expired) so that's an A+ there. Then I checked Newegg's site again for updates because that's what I do and then I saw that date... so pissed. But not as pissed as the 1-3 month wait.

Even companies like Apple delay things. There are a million variables that can control weather or not an item goes out or not. I didn't get my K70 last Friday because of a "Late Train". Stuff happens, calm down. You crying on an internet forum is NOT going to get your keyboard any faster.

I understand that companies may delay things for various reasons. I however would much prefer to be notified of these things rather than logging on expecting to be able to order my keyboard, then suddenly I have to wait another two weeks. (Once again it could be Newegg's fault but I have no idea because Corsair gives me almost absolutely no new info.) I would much rather be given a rough date and then updated along the way than being told it will be coming in "Early spring" and then "It's coming" and just being left in the dark waiting over a month and a half longer than I expected. If I'm being given some info about why my product has not been released yet at least I can pretend Corsair cares about me, and I can actually know they are doing something about their product.

As it stands for all I know they could be using the k95's for karate practice. I saw what looked like a pretty complete product in January, and I can't see what would take so long to release it considering it's so similar to the k90. (Hmmm maybe if I ever got an update for Corsair I wouldn't have this problem).

You just have to be patient for this kind of thing, mate. Don't worry, Corsair will ship when they're ready to ship. You don't want them shipping on time when "on time" means they won't be up to spec. The reason they don't give firm ship dates is because lots of things can interfere with them. Manufacturing is a complicated business.

Hang in there and give em time to get the boards right. It'll be worth it.

Anyone know what that switch next to the USB port does?

the switch on the back, as I understand it, allows to switch between different polling frequencies and BIOS mode which has better support in BIOS

the BIOS mode is really fascinating to me since my G19 wont work in BIOS regardless of whether I enable USB legacy support

I'm getting antsy here with no new news... it's either this or the Man of Steel that's gonna arrive first. And I did see a promotion but it was with the mouse and the mouse pad but I have the hard pad Vespula already from Razer but worried if I get the other combo it'd be all scratched up when the feets are worn down. Not sure why they don't just make some metal/alloy feet to end it.

Archived