Corsair Community

H100i v2 pump reading 0rmp.

diago226

Hello all. I just put my new rig together. However after battling cooling issues with my h100i (cpu temp climbed well past 70c on idle) it seems under control now....kinda( had a loose stand off) At idle my temps sit around 55c and up to 60c. In Corsair link my fans are going full bore at 2700 rpm, but my pump reads 0 rpm. Its plugged into the AIO header on the mobo, and if the fans are going that means it's getting 12v correct? I'm lost and just looking for any help. Sorry about my terrible English I'm just flustered.

I am going to assume you have the fan connected to H100i v2 Pump Controller. That should not matter in relation to the zero pump speed, but it would disassociate fan speed with whatever is happening to the cooler.

That is a high idle and there are other reasons this may happen, but the max fan speed is a warning the coolant temp is too high. In Link, what is the H100i v2 Temp? This will be in the small cooler box to right side of Link, along with a LED indicator and a single fan speed.

Idle temps are high.

You're saying that the pump reads 0 RPM ... do you see a fan speed reading on the AIO fan header? If this is also zero, then the pump isn't pumping. (BTW: this is one reason to put it on the CPU header - 0 RPM will cause a warning on boot.)

I'm leaning towards a bad cooler at the moment. Can you show us the Link screen, please?

The coolant temp read 38c all the way up to 49c. I'm not home at the moment but when I get there I'll try and snag a screen cap before it gets overly hot.

Yes when plugged into the AIO it reads the 2700ish rpm in corsair link. Not in bios. Also i don't have my cpu header disabled as I have another fan connected there. Would I need to find a different way to connect that fan and disable the cpu fan header? Or just plug the h100i into the cpu fan header, ignore fan speed in bios and run it at full blast and see if it changes?

Idle temps are high.

You're saying that the pump reads 0 RPM ... do you see a fan speed reading on the AIO fan header? If this is also zero, then the pump isn't pumping. (BTW: this is one reason to put it on the CPU header - 0 RPM will cause a warning on boot.)

I'm leaning towards a bad cooler at the moment. Can you show us the Link screen, please?

Sorry quoted myself at first.

Yes when plugged into the AIO it reads the 2700ish rpm for the fans in corsair link. Not in bios. Also i don't have my cpu header disabled as I have another fan connected there. Would I need to find a different way to connect that fan and disable the cpu fan header? Or just plug the h100i into the cpu fan header, ignore fan speed in bios and run it at full blast and see if it changes?

The motherboard fan header doesn't read the speeds of the fans. It reads about 1/2 of the pump RPM. That's what I'm trying to get at here. What speed is reported to the motherboard fan header from the pump? This will let us know if the pump has totally failed or if there is an issue with the MCU or interface.

The fan header that the pump is connected to MUST be at 100%. Again, this doesn't control the fan speeds. It provides power. Most (if not all) of the AIO headers are simply regular fan headers set to 100% by default. That's it. They aren't special in any way at all.

Take a look at the Cooler FAQ, Section B.

Yeah, this is not promising. If you had inadvertently cut the voltage to the unit, the fans would not be able to max out like that. It's also hard to do on the AIO/W_Pump header that is set to 100% and disabled by default. I don't think it is the header, but you can certainly move it to W_PUMP or any other CHA fan header and double check. Make sure BIOS Q-fan is set to full speed/100% for the CHA fan header.

In the BIOS, does the AIO header also read 0 rpm, like Link? That would also be concerning, but separate a monitoring glitch from a true zero rpm reading.

The liquid temps are out line, so unless your case internal temp is 45C, something is wrong. If this really is a zero pump state, I would expect the liquid (and corresponding CPU temp) to shoot up pretty fast. 45...50..55..60.. probably not stopping until you get into the high 80s or 90s.

The motherboard fan header doesn't read the speeds of the fans. It reads about 1/2 of the pump RPM. That's what I'm trying to get at here. What speed is reported to the motherboard fan header from the pump? This will let us know if the pump has totally failed or if there is an issue with the MCU or interface.

The fan header that the pump is connected to MUST be at 100%. Again, this doesn't control the fan speeds. It provides power. Most (if not all) of the AIO headers are simply regular fan headers set to 100% by default. That's it. They aren't special in any way at all.

Take a look at the Cooler FAQ, Section B.

Okay so on my bios the fan speed for aio was set to 100% I checked it a few times. Still the problem of 0 rpm pump. But yet 2700rpm fan. I tried a CHA header, maxed to 100% same issue.

Yeah, this is not promising. If you had inadvertently cut the voltage to the unit, the fans would not be able to max out like that. It's also hard to do on the AIO/W_Pump header that is set to 100% and disabled by default. I don't think it is the header, but you can certainly move it to W_PUMP or any other CHA fan header and double check. Make sure BIOS Q-fan is set to full speed/100% for the CHA fan header.

In the BIOS, does the AIO header also read 0 rpm, like Link? That would also be concerning, but separate a monitoring glitch from a true zero rpm reading.

The liquid temps are out line, so unless your case internal temp is 45C, something is wrong. If this really is a zero pump state, I would expect the liquid (and corresponding CPU temp) to shoot up pretty fast. 45...50..55..60.. probably not stopping until you get into the high 80s or 90s.

In bios it doesn't read AIO rpm from everything I've seen. Also it gets hot pretty fast once in windows so I dont teu and play around on it much because I dont want to fry my new CPU. As far as coolant temp and cpu temp goes. I tried to launch Beam.NG Drive when my idle temps were 50s just to try. Once in the main screen on the game (all graphics on high from last setup) the cpu temps shot to 70 in a heart beat. Cautiously I loaded a map and they shot up to 80 once it loaded in I saw them climbing (I was using Speccy to see temps) I shut it down in fear of ruining anything and went to work.

Archived