Corsair Community

Link frequently detecting H115i Pro, can't control it when it IS detected...

RayzTheRoof

It was workinn fine last night when I first built this system. Then suddenly it was no longer showing up in the software so I tried enabling it in device manager again, and it showed up. Bam, it was working again.

Now out of nowhere, it stops functioning. It appears in Link but LED, fan, and pump controls all do absolutely nothing. And sometimes it doesn't appear in Link as well, similar to the previous issue. However, enabling it in Device Manager now gives me a message from Windows saying hardware settings have changed and I need to reboot. I reboot and it won't show up in Link still. OR it will, and I will still be unable to control it.

As I write this I had just rebooted and the cooler is appearing in Link. I was able to control it for just a split second and was able to change the LED to verify that it was controllable. A second or two later and it is back to giving me no control and the LED is just cycling through colors.

BIOS is managing my fan hub that came with my case. Precision X is controlling my GPU fans. My AIO is plugged into the AIO Pump header on my Asus motherboard and I have Fan Control in the BIOS for AIO Pump set to disabled so the BIOS wouldn't tamper with Link's control of it.

I Just uninstalled Precision X and rebooted, it's working fine now. I installed Precision X again and the issue occurs. I guess that's the issue. BUT I absolutely NEED Precision X because it is the only software that can control all 3 fans on my GPU. BUT I absolutely need Link because it's the only software that can control my AIO fans and pump. Jesus christ. What can I even do?

I Just uninstalled Precision X and rebooted, it's working fine now. I installed Precision X again and the issue occurs. I guess that's the issue. BUT I absolutely NEED Precision X because it is the only software that can control all 3 fans on my GPU. BUT I absolutely need Link because it's the only software that can control my AIO fans and pump. Jesus christ. What can I even do?

I suspected XOC was your problem.

Replied to you on the other thread. The best that I can tell you is to try an earlier version. Whatever XOC is doing, it seems that it is being naughty.

Another option may be to shut down XOC, go into Link, set your settings (custom fan curve, whatever) and the write the settings to the device (Options ... Devices ... Use current settings as default). That may resolve the issue ... it may not. I'm guessing here, to be honest.

I would, however, recommend that you yell at EVGA a bit too. You aren't the only one that this is affecting.

I suspected XOC was your problem.

Replied to you on the other thread. The best that I can tell you is to try an earlier version. Whatever XOC is doing, it seems that it is being naughty.

Another option may be to shut down XOC, go into Link, set your settings (custom fan curve, whatever) and the write the settings to the device (Options ... Devices ... Use current settings as default). That may resolve the issue ... it may not. I'm guessing here, to be honest.

I would, however, recommend that you yell at EVGA a bit too. You aren't the only one that this is affecting.

Good news is it's just because of LED Sync in XOC. You can adjust the LED of the GPU then turn off the sync/button and it will be fine with Link. Apparently XOC likes to overreach into the AIO and thinks it can control it.

Archived