Corsair Community

Commander Pro not working

mrrva

I'm definitely an amateur trying to fix this, I haven't built a system in 20 years. It was a steep learning curve but we had the setup going perfect initially and then it quit.

Six LL 120 fans plugged into Commander Pro stopped spinning and lighting. If I plug them into just the node all six will light.

Read the previous posts but none seemed to help.

I don't think it's software because if I plug the little node into the mini controllers that came with the case, instead of the Commander Pro, the fans will light but not spin.

It worked perfectly for about a week and then poof.

The PSU is visible; interesting. What USB port is the Commander plugged in to? Can you try swapping the Commander Pro (CoPro) with the RM850 USB port?

How is the CoPro getting power? Is it straight SATA or are there any adapters involved?

Would you happen to have recorded an logs while it was working (in the "Graphing" tab)?

The PSU and Commander are side by side, USB 2.0 ports. When I switched them, nothing changed. It is straight SATA. No logs, I didn't know there was such a thing until now.

If I buy another, how do I prevent this happening again? It's amazing when it works but very aggravating when it stopped for no apparent reason.

The PSU and Commander are side by side, USB 2.0 ports. When I switched them, nothing changed. It is straight SATA. No logs, I didn't know there was such a thing until now.

If I buy another, how do I prevent this happening again? It's amazing when it works but very aggravating when it stopped for no apparent reason.

Rather than purchasing a new one, I would try the RMA route. Head to the "Support Ticket System" and fill it out.

Archived