Corsair Community

RGB Fan control set-up

jaysich

Hello all,

I am not new to DIY PC, or PC modding, I am however new to RGB.

I plan on some serious OC in my build, and my chasis is capable of running some serious airflow. In total, I am running 9 Corsair ML120 Pros and 6 Corsair ML140 Pros (I am watercooling w/ 3-360mm radiators, where the 120mm fans will be).I have a total of 6 Fan lighting Nodes and 1 commander pro (can get more if needed).

I am running into a little trouble getting all 15 of these fans to work properly during testing (I do not have my full PC set-up yet, I am testing fans on a test rig).

Please Help me.

Thank you,

As I understand it, because each RGB control can only control 6 fans, and the commander pro only has 2 channels, I can only control a max of 12 fans? I was wondering if there is a way around this? Possibly a second commander pro into a different header on the Mobo. However, I do not wish to purchase a second $65 commander pro and have it not work.

You'll need 3 RGB Fan Hubs - so 3 Lighting Channels. Since you already have a Commander Pro, you'll just need to add a Lighting Node Pro. That should come with the fan multi-packs, along with the fan hub.

On the CoPro, you can use 2-way splitters to have fan speed control of up to 12 fans but be forewarned that splitters aren't "officially supported" from Corsair. That said, many users, including myself, have used the CoPro with 2-way splitters and have had no issues. We've seen issues with 3-way splitters on the CoPro pretty consistently so I don't recommend that at all.

Archived