Corsair Community

M90 Vengeance mouse movement randomly stops

Xokize

I purchased the Corsair Vengeance M90 8 months ago and it works fine, however as of a few days ago the mouse cursor just randomly stops moving.

All the buttons on the mouse work fine including the scroll wheel but the mouse just locks up and won't move.

I don't think there is any pattern to it happening, it seems pretty random. Sometimes it will happen while I am away from the computer or when I am in the middle of a game (which is inconvenient).

To fix it, I have to un-plug the mouse and plug it in again, and I have tried plugging it into different USB ports but it still happens.

Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know any fixes?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Have you tried reflashing the firmware?

Yes, I have tried multiple different USB ports on my computer.

I attempted to reflash the firmware but was met with the error message "Set firmware update mode failed".

Latest chipset drivers and BIOS?

Try the mouse on another computer, if the issues are still present, request an RMA to replace the mouse.

Ok, thanks, will try. Where do I request an RMA through? The support ticket system?

I had the same problem with mine. It's not that big of a problem if you're not in a raid or something, but it almost always happened when I really need to move, and died re-plugging. Sorry, I just stopped using the mouse cuz the cursor was always twitchy anyway, regardless of changing the cursor speed and sensitivity, sometimes making it hard to click on things. And I bought it at the same time as my K-90, which was almost expired on the warranty when I sent it back a couple months ago, so i guess i just have a Corsair paperweight for my desk

Archived