Corsair Community

M90 don't work out-of-the-box

Faxendo

Hi there,

First of all, sorry for my bad English (I'm French).

I just bought a M90 Mouse, and it don't work at all, just getting it out of the box...

I plugged it into my comuter USB Port, it flashes no more than one second, and then turns out. The computer don't see anything.

I tried to plug the mouse into other USB ports, but same problem.

Anyone have an idea ?

Thanks !

I may not be quite in the right thread, but here goes anyway.

RAM GUY, after the whole experience of the M90 am sure the Corsair DEV team have a pretty good idea of what to implement and not into the Next gaming mouse. I sure hope they didn't think of leaving the dream to create a great gaming mouse. Am not sure, but this probably was their first 2 gaming mouse right? FPS(M60) and RPG(M90). So i sure hope they didn't thought of never venturing in those fields again.

Was a good try for those firsts.

You may remember my load of ideas a few months ago, now the tread seems dead. So am writing it here. Not sure if i may.

After all those strugling, i now have 2 mouse. As this experience showed me a few things i didn't know about my gaming style.

Am a old school gaming wolf. I mean i actually saw the internet and the FPS gaming industry birth and evolution up to now and since i script in a large band of codes and also studied in advanced electronics i think i have a nice firm and unique view of what happened here. Am sure theres others also. But not that much.

-------------

Anyway, the few things i learned are as follow:

1-Am not a claw type gamer.

I actually tried 7 different type of mouse. And up to now I notice that i actually have a edge on a low profile palm type mouse. And from most gaming forum i glance upon the logitech GXX series seems to be the preferred and most sold type also up to around 2005. Then after that the competition really settled in.. We immediately think about Razor and Microsoft remodeling their OLD style mouse for FPS. But there were a bunch that got out, most were crap.

2-I hate heavy mouse.

After a few months i finally see that a heavy mouse give a strain to the wrist as far as learned reflexes goes(hours and hours of playing non stop). Witch is realllllllly bad for me. Probably others also. This actually give me the idea of putting most of the processing weight of the mouse in a OUTSIDE casing, lets face it, this ain't just a mouse, its a small computer... maybe put the processing weight in a sling base?

Am guessing the metal plating is aluminum, witch should be pretty lite. The weight system in some so called pro gaming mouse? For me thats a joke.

The less heavy, the better, the faster.

3- I Hate configuring switching commands on a mouse. The 6 profiles option, great idea.... but putting the switching of profiles on buttons that can be programmed, BAAAAD.

I think they should have put a hard to reach small sized scrolling button on the side of the M90 to switch from the 6. It must be hardstate programmed and near the 6 Profile LED.

4-The new gaming mouses with laser Cam style tracking system actually seem to process more info to the PC then the regular IR one. This mean they may work on glass table of reflective surface, but processing the info before sending it to the PC actually seem to take more time. This ain't simple telemetry data sending to the PC like the IR phillips model. Its heavy half chewed data by the mouse spitted out into the mouse USB port, then the PC finish the chewing and process it.

Why i ended up to believe this to be true.. on all the model i tried. Only the old magnetic type and the IR phillips model seems to give me the EDGE in reflexes that the others model just cannot give. And i saw this wayyyy to many time to think its a coincidence. And i see Razor combining IR and laser Cam tracking on the newest model... This cannot be a coincidence.... And i doubt it will be as fast as IR type. Ill probably try it soon, but i still prefer my dual phillips eyes from logitech on a piece of white non reflective paper up to now.

--------------

I still seek the dream FPS gamer mouse. All i see are so called pro gaming peripheral maker trying to feed bull**** to consumer or others that almost got it, but abandoned after being trampled upon by consumer rants.

SO please Corsair.. I loved the casing, the feeling of the M90. Just make a feather lite palm model with hard-state intuitive profile switching buttons.

Maybe add a sling cord holder that would hold part of the data processing. Rethink the laser cam tracking system. Go back to IR, or at least give it the priority when there is no ambiguity in tracking. Just give a non reflective stylish PAD with it.

As a bonus, am sure you would make the Top 100 in a flash if you added 1 intuitive thumb button with half press capability.

The M90 is #1 as far as i know.. just for the rugged style of the aluminum plating and ergonomy, it just need more work inside. Let the dream continue.

Archived