Corsair Community

Fans won't start immediately? Corsair Graphite 600T (Special Edition)

BounceMeister

I connected the fan directly to the power supply, and it started immediately.

I have discovered something else, when i set the fan controller to max, the fans wil start. When the fan controller is set a little lower, they will stop.

I guess i have to contact the service department for an RMA?

• Corsair Employee
It sounds like the problem lies with the fan controller. Please use the "RMA Request Link" on the right and open a ticket to get it replaced. We don't need the whole case, we can just replace the fan controller (and I/O panel).

Mine has just done exactly the same thing, and does exactly as you describe also, fortunately my replacement has now arrived too :).

I did a little more troubleshooting with mine, and found that if one of the front USB's were in use, it was essentially robbing power from the fan controller. After removing the USB devices, I got the fan controller to work again, but as you say, I had to do a lot of fiddling with the dial and get it exactly in the right spot to get the fans to spin up. After they had been permitted to spin up for a minute or so, I could adjust the dial down slightly, but I had to be careful not to go too far, or the controller would simply cease to function again.

I presume this is simply a rare issue that affects an occasional fan controller fitted to the 600T. Fitting the new one looks like it's going to be a bit fiddly!! Fortunately I need to take some hardware out to give everything a good clean and dusting anyway, will change the fan controller out then.

Thanks for the video links m8. It gives a "general idea" of how to go about it, shame he didn't include any verbal explanations of how and what he was doing, especially for the parts of the video where his hands are in the way, and you can't see what he is doing.

The White SE 600T's also have some subtle differences to my early model Graphite 600T as well when it comes to the specifics of how some things are attached. Fairly sure I'll need a screwdriver for a couple of fixings.

Some one had posted up another guide for this before as well. I'm trawling back through older posts, but I can't seem to find it :(.

• Corsair Employee

Arctic_Wolf

Thanks for posting that I will have our engineering look into that but the ports for USB and for the fan controller are not connected and the power comes from different sources so I am not sure how this could be the cause.

Archived