Corsair Community

M90 for swtor : working in XP, not in W8

Noim

Hi all,

until lately, my system ran with XP which allowed the combined use of SWTOR (Star Wars : The Old Republic) and the M90 software without having to resort to hardware playback. I got used to my M90 macros to the point where I consider the game not worth playing without them.

Now, I updated my system recently with a Corsair SSD, and for it to find a welcoming home, I decided to retire XP and go for the new Microsoft OS, Windows 8.

To finish the transition, I exported my SWTOR M90 Profile. And there, no luck : no macro would fire. I then decided to be a good boy and updated the firmware, uninstalled the v1.0 drivers and replaced them with the latest version. Still no luck.

A bit worried, I switched back to my old OS on my old HDD : profile working 100% from XP, 0% from Windows 8.

I did grant M90' software autorisation to bypass the firewall, but it did not change a thing. I'm starting to run short on ideas and wondered if anyone out there would have an idea to find my old macros in my new setup.

My thanks,

Noim

Hardware Playback is even worst : not only it won't play the macros in the profile, but it also disables the not macroed setups like mouse wheel zooming on and away.

To be absolutely clear, what I call macro here are actually mere key-bindings. Also, quite bizzarely, in Software playback, functions like DPI Up, DPi down will work, but that's about it.

Edit : a friend asked me a very simple question that I ought to have asked myself : are the latest firmware, drivers and software compatible with Windows 8?

I finally managed to make it work! Don't ask me why, but going into Hardware Playback while running the game in Windowed mode allowed me to use the profile. Once working, I could go back to full screen mode without cancelling the profile selection. Hardware Voodoo!

Thx for the help,

Noim

Archived