Corsair Community

Just Bought Corsair One Pro from Newegg.com (US). Hope its not a defective unit.

shiva91

Hello everyone,

After doing a lot of research on the Corsair One Pro (and knowing about the defective units), I just went ahead and bought a unit on Newegg (PC CS-9000011 Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD 480 GB M.2 SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080).

Before the purchase I read up on the defective units (lots 1725-31), but I still decided to go ahead with the purchase on Newegg since I am really excited about this gaming desktop. I would have ordered from the Corsair website but I was saving 232$ worth of taxes by purchasing from Newegg. I really hope that the unit I get isn't a defective one.

I'm getting my unit next week and keeping my fingers crossed for everything to work smoothly.

Same specs I purchased (although I bought from Corsair at the end of September...ironically, to save on taxes...lol)

Let us know how it goes. I haven't suffered any of the problems which have led people to RMA the unit...bottom line, I love the thing.

Just received my unit, and the lot number was 17315102, which means it falls in the affected units. I haven't opened the box and I just submitted a ticket (ticket # is 657447) to Corsair.

Was super excited, now I guess I'll have to request an RMA. I don't understand how these defective units are still up for sale on Newegg.com, considering I bought one way after the issue was identified......

• Corsair Employee
We issued a recall to the channel, but recognized that some units may have just slipped through the cracks and unfortunately, it looks like yours was one of those. But hopefully customer service will be in contact with you soon if they haven't been already to get your unit replaced.

Hi Corsair Dustin,

So my Corsair One Pro has been working great out of the box. However, I noticed that the PCI Express was already set to Gen 2, and I see no options in the BIOS to change that to Gen 3.

Do you think I should be requesting an RMA? While I have no issues yet, it feels like I have got a machine that fell in the recall batch and which has had the PCI Express set to Gen 2......

Thanks

Hi Corsair Dustin,

So my Corsair One Pro has been working great out of the box. However, I noticed that the PCI Express was already set to Gen 2, and I see no options in the BIOS to change that to Gen 3.

Do you think I should be requesting an RMA? While I have no issues yet, it feels like I have got a machine that fell in the recall batch and which has had the PCI Express set to Gen 2......

Thanks

set up a support ticket at https://support.corsair.com/

someone might be able to answer you there

Archived