Corsair Community

Void Headset connection issues

dpo

So I have a new install of windows 10 on a new PC , have confirmed all audio and usb connections on my pc are working. Here is the thing, when I use the Corsair software it only recognizes my headset IF it is plugged in to usb, but I get no sound and system speakers stay on and working. I do hear a beep in the headset though.

If I unplug the headset from the usb adapter ( dolby/ the one it comes with) and plug the cable in to front panel audio on my PC the headset works but Corsair software says nothing is detected/connected. Confused as to where to go next to solve this issue.

Very odd. I have that sound menu open. Without headset plugged in it is using speakers as it should ( realtek HD audio) ,with headset plugged in it says it is using headset. I get the windows sound when I plug them in. fire up a game and all the sound still comes from speakers...no sound from headset. Thank you for the reply btw.

Edit: Upon further checking it is working correctly now...in everything except WoW. Weird. This must have something to do with WoW and not the phones? If I plug the phones in the audio jack and not usb they work in wow but I get no CUE. Everything else I test seems to work with usb and CUE.

Edit 2 : Well, I learned my lesson that when testing headsets...test on 2 sources..lol Was having a prob in one of my games. I turned off and turned back on the headset in the games options and it started working, So everything works if I use usb. Which is fine..it works on audio jack in front of my case but does not get detected by CUE. So consider this solved, thx again for your response and sorry for your time. :)

Archived