Corsair Community

Strafe Rgb key flicker

evolad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i got a replacement yesterday with exact same issue.. New profile same problem.. As long tested on my girlfriends laptop with both keyboards and could replicate it on hers.

Mainly happens on A and S keys though it does do it on over keys but not a frequent

Are you providing enough power to the keyboard??

Running through USB 3.0.. Really can't understand it.. Tried disabling background programs and everything I can think of. There is very little my PC and Mrs laptop has in common and the issue is on both..

Corsair have said it's likely a firmware issue but I can't find anyone with my problem.

Running through USB 3.0.. Really can't understand it.. Tried disabling background programs and everything I can think of. There is very little my PC and Mrs laptop has in common and the issue is on both..

Corsair have said it's likely a firmware issue but I can't find anyone with my problem.

plug both USB cords in

is 16.8 million colors mode enabled or disabled. Try enabling it if its already off. and try disabling it, if its already on.

Tried this to.. i have it enabled but tried every option. I've even flashed my MOBO bios to latest version...

• 2 weeks later...
I sometimes get it too on my Strafe RGB. I think it's the firmware on the keyboard, as it's the first one, there's issues with it. Sometimes I log into my computer after it being locked and the profile is set to 0% brightness. The keys rarely do flicker, but I actually saw the corsair logo flicker purple when my keys where white haha. I wouldn't worry about it.

I sometimes get it too on my Strafe RGB. I think it's the firmware on the keyboard, as it's the first one, there's issues with it. Sometimes I log into my computer after it being locked and the profile is set to 0% brightness. The keys rarely do flicker, but I actually saw the corsair logo flicker purple when my keys where white haha. I wouldn't worry about it.

It has to be firmware.. Im glad someone else has had this issue though.. it`s been driving me mental haha!

• Corsair Employee

Does it flicker for all the keys or only a couple? like OP's?

@evolad - Did the first keyboard had the same flickering keys or different ones?

• Corsair Employee
I can make it happen and view it on the A&S keys just like the video i posted.. though it does happen on other keys but very rarely.

While I do see the flicker in the video, I was not able to replicate the flickering with the profile you have provided. We have tested the same profile on several Strafe RGB as well. It might just be a bad LED on your unit.

Im using the Strafe RGB cherry browns.. Windows 10 (on both PC and Laptop). The laptop is new... same issue.. they don't share anything in common apart from from Windows 10 and dropbox. I've removed dropbox which didn't solve it?

Installed new Bios on Mobo and all drivers up-to-date.. even uninstalled all USB ports from device manager!

Alright, I have a profile that I commonly use that has the Corsair logo cycling through a few different colors as well as reactive typing. I've noticed that rarely, a random key, usually one of the Function Row keys, will randomly flicker for a split second. I've been able to directly observe it but not consistently reproduce it.

Archived