Corsair Community

Would appreciate some clarity on purchase

Brewsir

A little background. I just purchased a 570X case, and transferred most everything over from my current PC. An 800D btw, you can imagine my joy at the cable management job before me. :sigh!: I should add that I also have an H110i. Anyway, I guess I'm OCD, because I couldn't stand the idea of not having a case fan in the back. I had some fans, nice 140mm red LED Corsair fans, but, A. they don't fit, and B. OCD says it would be a horrible idea to just put red, or white LED fans in the case, if you had them.........and by the way, wouldn't SP 120's look lovely on the 110 with those original dull looking fans still on. So, off to the store I go, and get 3 more SP 120's. and yes, I'm a proud Corsair fanboy. Case, PSU, Cooler, Fans, keyboard, speakers, Ram.....but, I digress

My question, and yes I've googled it, if I got the lighting node pro, would I be able to control 6 SP120's, the cooler, and 1 of the light strips? My thinking is I'd be able to control the 6 fans and 2 of the strips, but, not the cooler. Anyone care to clarify? .......I'd need the Commander Pro, right?

Another question, I know they suggest pulling cool air in for the coolers. I thought having 5 intake fans, with only 1 out, didn't seem logical/practical. So I have the H's exhausting, that's 3 in, 3 out. My temps seem much the same as when the H's were pulling air. Anyone see a problem?

My question, and yes I've googled it, if I got the lighting node pro, would I be able to control 6 SP120's, the cooler, and 1 of the light strips? My thinking is I'd be able to control the 6 fans and 2 of the strips, but, not the cooler. Anyone care to clarify?

Not entirely accurate.

The cooler LED is controlled independently of the rest of the RGBs. It doesn't need or use the Lighting Node Pro. The LNP will control your six fans and the strips, yes. It won't control the cooler ... regardless.

And a caveat ... IIRC, the SP fans are 3-pin DC fans. You won't be able to control the fan speed of the SP fans via the cooler fan attachments. These only support and control PWM (4 pin) fans.

The Commander Pro has the functionality of the Lighting Node Pro + temp sensors + fan control + USB Hub. And yes, it would be able to control the 3-pin fans just fine. If you want to tie your fan speeds to the cooler temp, the C-Pro will do that but Link will need to be running for that to happen. Here's another recent thread where we talked all about that: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172726 and then there's follow up with some of the posts on this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=929996#post929996. Take a look through those as DvdG has/had a similar setup.

You don't need anything additional to control the LEDs on the coolers ... just Link. :-) The cooler can plug into the USB port on the Commander Pro.

The LEDs on the cooler will be static ... you can set an alert for it to change with temperature but you won't have all of the same effects that you have with the RGB fans. I think the H110i may actually have 3 colors based on settings.

What we don't know ... and we're all dying to know ... is if this changes with the new PRO lineup that's coming but doesn't officially exist.

I thought having 5 intake fans, with only 1 out, didn't seem logical/practical. So I have the H's exhausting, that's 3 in, 3 out. My temps seem much the same as when the H's were pulling air. Anyone see a problem?

No Problem at all.. but i do have my 570x with h100i v2 in front (push/pull) along with a 3rd bottom fan all as intake.. 2 fans up top as intake also and rear and psu as exhaust . this way seems to keep the dust down the best along with sensible temps :)...

CoPro

I like it!

What we don't know ... and we're all dying to know ...

Come on Corsair!! Spills some beans lol

I am missing something? Did you buy a 140 to 120 fan conversion kit? The H110i will not fit up top with its own 140mm fans. The issue is width, but there is enough room for whatever is flush against the top to be a true 140mm wide. I don't know if the conversion kit will fit and I don't know anyone who has tried it. It gets pretty tight with top ATX plugs and VRM heat sinks.

The Lighting Node Pro will control the lighting for 6 SP-RGB fans, but do nothing for the older single color SP120 LED. Both of those fan models are 3 pin DC and will not be controllable from any "i" cooler PWM fan controller. This was the reason the Commander Pro was suggested. You don't need it for the lighting (a LNP can do 6 fans and 4 strips), but you would need it if you want Link control over the fans on the case or cooler. The alternative is to use the LNP and move the radiator fans off the pump controller and on to the motherboard.

Are these SP120 (LED) or SP120 (RGB) fans?

• Corsair Employee

Come on Corsair!! Spills some beans lol

About new fans? LL fans are out and those look amazing in a build. or are you asking about new coolers? or maybe cases?

Are these SP120 (LED) or SP120 (RGB) fans?

I am pretty sure like %99.99 it's the RGB version

• Corsair Employee
Oh, you tease. Yes, the LL fans are out and yes, they look AMAZING.

We wanna know ALL about those new PRO coolers.

lol.... Everything!!!! :D :D

and you know i was the first to have the LL fans in these here parts ;) :D :D...

btw..... new cases also..... sneaky... lol

Just put it this way guys, new year is just around the corner, that means there's a lot of new beginnings! so keep your eyes peeled ;):

Just put it this way guys, new year is just around the corner, that means there's a lot of new beginnings! so keep your eyes peeled ;):

I see what you did there.. no mystery box under my tree for me this year is what your saying isnt it :[pouts:

New Year it is then Boys!!!!:D::D:

Ok, my LED Lighting Pro expansion, and Commander Pro will be here later today. Some tips on where to mount? Should I remove the current control boxes (570X), the one the lights are plugged into, and the control box with the buttons? Hopefully that would give me enough room to install the lighting pro, and the Commander Pro?

Ok, so, I screwed up my order anyway. Thought I'd ordered Commander Pro and Lighting Pro, but, I got the CoPro and the Lighting Pro extension kit, ugh. I thought it was a package with the node pro, and light strips. I removed the controller with the buttons, installed the CoPro, connected the 570's hub to it, connected the H110i, and the light strips. So, the light strips work, and the fans are spinning. The H is working, and lights up. Problems. Fans don't light up, and, once windows is up, Link will not start, because it claims there is no compatible hardware. There appears to be a power indicator light on top of the CoPro, it has never lit up, which is puzzling since the strips work, and the fans are spinning, so clearly it's powered. I'm thinking someone is going to tell me I need the lighting node, in order for the SP120's to light up. But, that wouldn't explain why the indicator light on the CoPro never lights up, and why Link doesn't recognize the hardware once in windows. Help!

Ok, now I'm really confused. I unplugged the H from the CoPro, and plugged it into the motherboard, and rebooted. That allowed Link to open. It allowed me to add all 6 SP120's. It said there was a firmware update for the CoPro, so, I installed it, and rebooted. And now I'm back to Link not detecting compatible hardware. Damnit, shouldn't have done the update. Any ideas?

I don't think you screwed up the order. You can control 6 RGB fans + 4 strips with the Commander Pro alone. No need for an extra LNP. Unless you want more RGB. Which you might after you get that first hit.

Now ... is the CoPro attached to an internal USB header? If so, is it possible for you to use a standard mini USB cable and route it to a rear IO panel USB port?

Look in Device Manager ... do you see any unrecognized devices? The CoPro would be listed under "Human Interface Devices" and have a device ID of USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C10 (you'll have to right click on every one and look in the property sheet, unfortunately). You can also use USBDView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) to see if it's recognized by Windows. The Vendor ID will be 1b1c and the Device Id will be 0c10.

And how is the CoPro powered? Is it via a molex-to-sata adapter?

Ok, now I'm really confused. I unplugged the H from the CoPro, and plugged it into the motherboard, and rebooted. That allowed Link to open. It allowed me to add all 6 SP120's. It said there was a firmware update for the CoPro, so, I installed it, and rebooted. And now I'm back to Link not detecting compatible hardware. Damnit, shouldn't have done the update. Any ideas?

What motherboard/platform are you running? (Hint ... filling out the system info can be helpful ...)

Ok, it's all working. For some reason, my desktop shortcut to Link wasn't functioning, the icon has changed to a photo placeholder. So I tried Start/all programs/Link, which, that shortcut was a placeholder as well, but it worked, and I was then able to get it all going. The first thing I did this time was to make sure Link starts with Windows. So glad I don't have to order anything else.

Ok, it's all working. For some reason, my desktop shortcut to Link wasn't functioning, the icon has changed to a photo placeholder. So I tried Start/all programs/Link, which, that shortcut was a placeholder as well, but it worked, and I was then able to get it all going. The first thing I did this time was to make sure Link starts with Windows. So glad I don't have to order anything else.

:headbang::headbang:

Will we be graced with pics?

Archived