Corsair Community

SP2200 static

killsibkill

Hey, I bought a corsair sp2200 speaker set. It is a great 2.1 speaker system. Mine is barely a month old. But now there is some kind of static noise coming out of the left speaker. It is not even hooked up to anything. When the speaker is on there is an annoying static noise every once in a while. Any suggestions? I cant return it to the retailer because i already mailed in the rebate form.

I've got the exact problem with loud static pops and noise coming from (mainly) left speaker. Had them less than a month. Help. I have plugged them in to separate (different) household circuits, plugged them in to two different computer systems, problem occurs without them being plugged in (to a pc) at all.

• 2 weeks later...

....on the QA or supplier side.

I have the exact same problem.

Will request the RMA as directed above.

Though as posted previously, 25 bux shipping for a replacement is hard to swallow. Cheaper than a new set, though.

Too bad, these sounded awesome when working.

And it started happening about 1 week AFTER I tossed the box.... Grrrrrr.....

BB

I just bought these speakers too :-( I have seen like 3 threads on these speaker and static after a month or two. I wish I had seen these threads before I bought the speakers :-( We'll see this weekend when I try them out. At least at Frys I can return them without a hassle or restocking fee...

I know you will :-) Tech support is A+ with corsair. I just hope I have no issues. Their is actually a thread here about the static noise, their is one on Overclockers.net and on Hardforums and on Anandtech forums. So it seems pretty wide spread. I hope its just a case of user error or something and not a design flaw....

• Corsair Employee
Some may be user error but there was an issue with some of the first production run that was resolved from what I have seen but we are taking care of those issues and it was a small number compared to what we sold.

Archived