Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Other Dongle?

VJB

Hello,

Well, this wont be the first time posting this exact post but this will be the first one on this forum. Well ok, lets head direct to the question I have :)

Can I connect the Corsair Vengeance 2000 to another dongle? This is because the Bluetooth of the corsair dongle doesnt reach verry far. I have a good connection in my room and the hallway but beyond those points my headset seems to be death.

Reason: I like to listen to the music when doing the dishes/ smoking a sigaret, drinking my first cup of coffee in the morning at sunraise on a saturday or sunday. Or sunset, whatever.

Thanks for the advise guys!

Only downside to adding multiple USB cables is the limit of USB cable specs, and the multiple connections between said cables (a theoretical weakness).

So, you are saying that I need to plugg the corsair dongle directly into a port of my computer/laptop for better quality? and to enlarge the limit of the bluetooth signal?

1. It's not bluetooth.

2. No, I didn't say that at all. I just gave you a potential downside if you use MULTIPLE dongles, as you asked about connecting it to ANOTHER dongle. Having said that, trying the Corsair dongle versus a direct USB connection (and/or other USB connections) can't hurt.

If there's something blocking / interfering with the signal between you and your endpoint, extending the cable wouldn't do much if anything at all.

• Corsair Employee
I don't seen an issue using a longer cable. You always run into the possibility of loosing some connection strength as you use a longer cable, or a cable of lower quality. It's worth testing if you really need a longer one.

@Wired

I guess one of us both are misunderstanding the issue, because the Corsair 2000 Vengeance is a Bluetooth set without any wires.

Or you mean "extending the USB cable to the kitchen for example and plug the Dongle (Bluetooth Adapter) into that port so the walls dont block the signal.

But that isnt what I asked, I asked if I can pair the vengeance 2000 to another dongle instead to the corsair dongle.

@RAM GUY & Wired

But, it might be an idea to extend the USB cable to downstairs and plug in the dongle to the end of it when im going to do the dishes, so thanks for the idea anyway :)

Where does Corsair state it's Bluetooth? Got one last week, and it's not on the website, nor is it on the box. It does use the same 2.4 GHz frequency range, but so do a plethora of other devices. Just talked with Ram Guy, and he confirmed that it isn't Bluetooth.

So if you attempt to sync it to a Bluetooth dongle it won't work.

Archived