Corsair Community

Is M2 SSD Upgradable in i140/i160?

cblaber

Looking at some videos it looks like this is in an accessible location in the i140/i160. (Unlike previous generation.) Can anyone confirm if you can upgrade the M2 SSD's yourself on the machine? Or is it in a location that voids your warranty if you try to access it?

Is there anything special about the "customized One OS image"?

Can't you simply install windows 10, the link (for fan-speed control) and iCUE (leds) and be done with it? Or is anything else needed ( except standard graphics/network-drivers etc ) to have the machine function properly ?

If not for download, I assume there is some kind of "re-install" possibility included with these machines (you never know when you need it).

• 3 weeks later...
Yes it can be upgraded but you need to know what you are doing. Another thing to keep in mind is that you will lose the image should you swap out the drive. Upgrading the M.2 drive doesn't void the warranty UNLESS you break something. Proceed at your own risk.

My i160 should arrive on Friday. The small SSD drive is a concern. Is windows installed on the SSD? approximately how much space will I have for my games? I assume I could also just add an external SSD and connect by USB but would that be slower than the M.2? Anyway, very excited for the system. I don't know a lot about computers (lawyer here), but I'm glad something small and quiet but powerful was available for purchase!

I think for most people, replacing the 2.5 sata 3 SSD is more viable option. (Samsung EVO 860 SSD is a good pick.) I did that on my old Corsair One and it was really snappy. I just hate using two drives.

Will there be any tutorials on how to update or access the M2 drive? Looks like you need to remove the GPU which is worrisome. (According to a review.)

Several were posted today. Mostly positive. Looks like the 9900k might be a tad warm but it doesn't look like it's a huge issue.

https://www.pcmag.com/review/366253/corsair-one-i160-gaming-pc

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-one-i160-desktop,5101.html

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/corsair-one-i160

Thanks! That was exactly what I was waiting for... besides it being listen in the EU stores ^^

Took a quick peak inside. Indeed the graphics card/water cooling is blocking access to M2 SSD. Doesn't look extremely complicated to remove the GPU to access it however it seems to have a unique screw size. (So I was unable to remove it.)

RAM is easily accessible on the other side, though, in an odd design choice, it it takes 6 screws to remove the 2.5 inch HDD. Weird, not sure why Corsair choose to do that. With the One Elite you were able to easily remove it without screws.

Archived