The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2018, 02:46 PM
xorkon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984227
xorkon Reputation: 10

I was having similar issues after updating my Gigabyte AORUS X470 Gaming 7 wifi motherboard (rev. 1.0) to the latest bios, first iCUE displaced v.? for the driver of the Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB RAM, and the RAM will stop lighting effects when the computer is in Windows Locked mode, but at least iCUE can still see and manage the lighting effects of the RAM. When I saw the iCUE update I was excited thinking maybe Corsair has updated it to work with the latest Gigabyte bios, boy was I wrong. Now iCUE doesn't even see my RAM.

I've tried restarting iCUE, closed Corsair services in task manager and restarting iCUE, restarting the computer, uninstalling iCUE and completely remove Corsair folder and reinstall after restart, reset motherboard CMOS, power drain motherboard capacitors, remove CMOS battery, remove RAM sticks, waited 30+ minutes, nothing. The computer works, and RAM sticks are on their default colorful lighting effects, but iCUE will not see the RAM so I can't change the lighting effects now.

UPDATE: Noticed Gigabyte released a new motherboard bios version F6e as of yesterday, installed it, and now everything works, iCUE sees the RAM, correct driver version displayed, the RAM lighting is fully controllable.

Motherboard model: Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI (rev. 1.0)
Mobo bios version: F5
RAM model: CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro two identical 16GB (2x8GB) kits for a total of 32GB

Last edited by xorkon; 12-07-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:17 AM
=Gaucho='s PC Specs

POST ID # = 984326
=Gaucho= Reputation: 10

I just flashed to the new BIOS version F3d...
iCUE 3.10.125 still can't see my memory BUT after installing the older version 3.9.93 everything works perfectly!
Now I'm able to update the RAM. The red top and bottoms are away and I can enjoy all the RGB effects :D

Old 12-10-2018, 04:24 PM
thiagolucchesi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 984742
thiagolucchesi Reputation: 10
Default I got it in AX370 Gaming K5

In my case, my motherboard is a gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5. I got it by uninstalling Icue, updating a bios for version F24d (last at the moment). I installed the Icue and the memories came back to work and recognize it in the program. :grande sorriso:

Old 12-17-2018, 02:57 AM
voodoo486's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985801
voodoo486 Reputation: 10

I have anAsus ROG Crosshair Hero VI and am having the same issue on memory not showing up. It did show up once. I rebooted and it has since never shown up again.

The only thing from this thread (other than a new bios from ASUS) that I have not tried is to use iCUE 3.9.93.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Mayzz03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986039
Mayzz03 Reputation: 10

You want some advice? Throw your corsair rams in the trash and buy another brand. Their products are not even tested, unresolved bugs in software, misleading advertising about compatibility with certain brands (RGB Fusion / Aura) ... Nobody has answer on the forum and the support is unable to to help you, besides telling you to send your rams as a guarantee.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:48 PM

POST ID # = 986107
pizza&pineapple Reputation: 10

Good news everyone! Asrock just published bios version 2.00 for the x470 taichi (ultimate) and it solved the issue for me. I can see and control my Vengeance RGB Pro RAM sticks in iCUE again!

Old 12-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Monyo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986344
Monyo Reputation: 10

Hi Guys,

I need help i'm using ASUS Crosshair VII and my 2 week old Vengeance RGB Pro is not detected in iCue

so far i tried below

1. Downgrade iCue 3.9x and it worked BUT i need to keep on restarting services fr it to work and move the dimms which is crazy

2. Disabled Aura
3. Disabled SDK
4. Firmware says its already updated

I dont know whats next, can't sleep because of this

Old 12-27-2018, 12:19 PM
BIGGSDELI's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987214
BIGGSDELI Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorkon View Post
I was having similar issues after updating my Gigabyte AORUS X470 Gaming 7 wifi motherboard (rev. 1.0) to the latest bios, first iCUE displaced v.? for the driver of the Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB RAM, and the RAM will stop lighting effects when the computer is in Windows Locked mode, but at least iCUE can still see and manage the lighting effects of the RAM. When I saw the iCUE update I was excited thinking maybe Corsair has updated it to work with the latest Gigabyte bios, boy was I wrong. Now iCUE doesn't even see my RAM.

I've tried restarting iCUE, closed Corsair services in task manager and restarting iCUE, restarting the computer, uninstalling iCUE and completely remove Corsair folder and reinstall after restart, reset motherboard CMOS, power drain motherboard capacitors, remove CMOS battery, remove RAM sticks, waited 30+ minutes, nothing. The computer works, and RAM sticks are on their default colorful lighting effects, but iCUE will not see the RAM so I can't change the lighting effects now.

UPDATE: Noticed Gigabyte released a new motherboard bios version F6e as of yesterday, installed it, and now everything works, iCUE sees the RAM, correct driver version displayed, the RAM lighting is fully controllable.

Motherboard model: Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI (rev. 1.0)
Mobo bios version: F5
RAM model: CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro two identical 16GB (2x8GB) kits for a total of 32GB
So how did you update the bios? Did you load it on a stick or what? I downloaded the bios but then it showed as a document. I’m not sure how to load it up. Can you tell me how you did it.

Thanks

Old 12-27-2018, 05:37 PM
RiverM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987268
RiverM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGSDELI View Post
So how did you update the bios? Did you load it on a stick or what? I downloaded the bios but then it showed as a document. I’m not sure how to load it up. Can you tell me how you did it.

Thanks
I have an ASUS X470 but the manual for your board is available on Gigabyte's site. Download the BIOS version you want from their site, they should have all versions, and copy it to a USB drive. If it is zipped, extract it to the zip drive. Reboot your PC with USB drive inserted and keep pressing DEL key until your BIOS appears. Then press F8 to open the Flash utility or look for the Q-Flash utility within the BIOS and open it using any input device. It will prompt you to locate the BIOS file on the USB so click the correct drive , folders and file when prompted. Once the new BIOS is installed the PC will reboot and may prompt you with a new window asking to press a specific button to open the BIOS setup as settings will be reset. From there, make changes to BIOS as necessary and choose to exit and save the new settings to boot to your OS.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:15 PM
BIGGSDELI's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987374
BIGGSDELI Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverM View Post
I have an ASUS X470 but the manual for your board is available on Gigabyte's site. Download the BIOS version you want from their site, they should have all versions, and copy it to a USB drive. If it is zipped, extract it to the zip drive. Reboot your PC with USB drive inserted and keep pressing DEL key until your BIOS appears. Then press F8 to open the Flash utility or look for the Q-Flash utility within the BIOS and open it using any input device. It will prompt you to locate the BIOS file on the USB so click the correct drive , folders and file when prompted. Once the new BIOS is installed the PC will reboot and may prompt you with a new window asking to press a specific button to open the BIOS setup as settings will be reset. From there, make changes to BIOS as necessary and choose to exit and save the new settings to boot to your OS.
Thanks. It worked!

Old 12-29-2018, 04:24 AM
RiverM's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987452
RiverM Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monyo View Post
Hi Guys,

I need help i'm using ASUS Crosshair VII and my 2 week old Vengeance RGB Pro is not detected in iCue

so far i tried below

1. Downgrade iCue 3.9x and it worked BUT i need to keep on restarting services fr it to work and move the dimms which is crazy

2. Disabled Aura
3. Disabled SDK
4. Firmware says its already updated

I dont know whats next, can't sleep because of this
I just built my new ASUS ROG STRIX x470-F, 2700X, RX 590, Corsair Obsidian 500D PC a few days ago and started with all the latest drivers and software available as of 18/12/24. I've also had (2) 8GB 3000C15 Vengeance Pro RGB for a week and used it in my B250, i5-7500 PC where it appeared to work flawlessly including full control with iCUE. In my X470 PC the memory function worked including timing changes but the sticks never lit up and were never seen in iCUE, only my K70 RGB MK2 LP keyboard was seen. However, in iCUE dashboard the memory including name were seen and temperatures shown.

Below are my findings while changing BIOS versions while staying with the latest version of iCUE (memory function and timing changes seemed fine in all versions of BIOS tested):

1) BIOS V-4207 - RGBs off, RAM not seen as device in iCUE.
2) BIOS V-4204 - RGBs off, RAM not seen as device in iCUE.
2a) Placed RAM back into B250, i5 PC. RAM lit up and was seen in iCUE. Forced firmware update to already installed most up to date version.
2b) Placed ram back into X470 PC. RAM lit up appearing to follow same lighting effect as when removed from B250 PC. RAM still not seen as device in iCUE.
3) BIOS V-4024 - RGBs on, RAM not seen as device in iCUE.
4) BIOS V-4018 - RGBs on, RAM now seen as device in iCUE including allowing "full software control" setting to be checked.
5) Loaded latest BIOS V-4207 again - RGBs froze at the color they were at when the BIOS update completed and stayed lit even when PC was shutdown multiple times but have now turned off after a day.

Conclusion: ASUS X470 BIOS V-4018 allowed full RGB control of Vengeance RGB Pro RAM; any newer BIOS version did not and the RAM was not even seen in iCUE.

I've decided to stay with BIOS V-4207 since it seems the most stable with my minor attempts at OCing with the stock cooler and I'd rather stick with the latest while finishing the setup of the OS and getting all my drives connected and in order. A new h115i Pro cooler and some LL120 RGBs are sitting next to me waiting for an install after a bit of base testing with the wraith prism. I'll post this info on the ASUS forums too. I'm not sure if the problem is with the BIOS, iCUE or both but will be patient awaiting an update to complete RGB glory. If Corsair have an unreleased firmware that can be forced I will give that a shot.

Last edited by RiverM; 12-29-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:40 AM
Jbean's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987660
Jbean Reputation: 10

I am having the same problem. iCUE doesn't show my PRO RGB RAM sticks, not even when I unchecked "show only connected devices".
My mobo is Asus ROG Strix x470-i gaming, Tried everything suggested in this thread, except I couldn't find "SPD write" setting in my BIOS (v1201, dated Dec/07/2018). Please advice.

Last edited by Jbean; 01-01-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Gludmeister's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988074
Gludmeister Reputation: 10

Glad to see I'm not the only one with my Vengeance RGB PRO ram not showing up in iCUE.

I've got an ASUS STRIX X470-F Gaming board equipped with an Ryzen 2700 CPU and I havn't been able to spot the "Write to SPD" option i BIOS either. Running latest BIOS (4207) and latest version of iCUE as well. I havn't tried flashing back to an earlier BIOS since I just assembled the build. I did try with both ASUS Aura on and off in BIOS.

Yesterday I was messing around with timings on my RAM with some help from Thaiphoon Burner amd Ryzen DRAM Calculator. Upon loading Thaiphoon it gave me a warning saying that iCUE was also messing around with the SPD on the RAM and that I had to terminate iCUE to prevent SPD corruption. My point is that this proves that iCUE is definitely doing something with the SPD (reading?) as it should. But maybe the ASUS BIOS prevents it from writing?

It's a bit disappointing, honestly. If I can be of any help, please let me know!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:51 PM

POST ID # = 988199
Cpt.Planet Reputation: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gludmeister View Post
. Upon loading Thaiphoon it gave me a warning saying that iCUE was also messing around with the SPD on the RAM and that I had to terminate iCUE to prevent SPD corruption. My point is that this proves that iCUE is definitely doing something with the SPD (reading?) as it should. But maybe the ASUS BIOS prevents it from writing?

It's a bit disappointing, honestly. If I can be of any help, please let me know!
iCue reads the SPD to detect the memory. The warning though was from the SMBus lockout not from it actively reading the memory. The SPD does not get written to with iCue.

Are you running the latest FW on the modules? If not try going back to iCue 3.9 and an older version of the bios. If the modules detect then update the FW on the modules.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:07 PM
notquitesane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988201
notquitesane Reputation: 10

Some on here indicated that an Asrock X470 Taichi with bios version 1.50 and the Vengeance RGB Pro ram wasn't showing up in iCUE. I did confirm this as well. I noticed there is a bios update so I flashed bios version 2.00 and everything works properly now!