The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2018, 11:28 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936457
FlurbyDurby Reputation: 10
Default LL120 RGB Lighting Issue

About a month or two ago, I purchased the LL120 fans (6 in total), and they worked great at first. However recently I have been experiencing a problem with the lighting effects.

The only fan that is behaving correctly is the fan that is in slot #1 on the fan hub. I have linked below two GIFs as a demonstration. I apologize ahead of time if GIPHY links are not allowed. I searched the rules, and I could not find any restrictions for this.

The first: LL120 Lighting Problem shows the problem at hand.

The second: Lighting Problem After LINK Reset shows the fans after resetting the RGB setting from off ("Disconnected") back to the Rainbow pattern I have been using.

As you can see, all the fans act like they are going to behave properly, but after about a second, fans 2 through 6 get all glitchy again. This same problem happens no matter what lighting effect I chose. I have not tried plugging them into a different series, as the amount of zip-ties I'd have to cut and hardware I'd have to remove makes me cringe. Anyway, I will try that if there are no other options. I should mention the actual fan function works perfectly; it is just the lighting that is the issue. I have reset my machine and reinstalled LINK. Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what I should do to try to remedy this situation?

I have also attached a screenshot of my Corsair LINK settings, just in case. I am using the most recent version (4.9.4.28).

Any and all advice or suggestions are very much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: png Corsair Link Settings.PNG (125.0 KB, 977 views)

Old 01-21-2018, 02:44 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936543
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Have you tried rearranging the fans on the fan hub?

Also, I noticed that you have an EVGA cooler. What happens if you shut down the EVGA control software?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:11 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936867

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Have you tried rearranging the fans on the fan hub?

Also, I noticed that you have an EVGA cooler. What happens if you shut down the EVGA control software?
So sorry for the late response, I have been working a lot the last two days. Anyway, I have not tried rearranging the fans on the fan hub, as I have actively been trying to avoid this in hopes of a fix that is not as labor-intensive.

I did shut down the EVGA control software, and it still is having the same issue.

I guess I have no choice but to rearrange the fans to find the weak link. Thanks for the suggestions mate!

Old 01-28-2018, 08:21 PM
broken fans's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937847
broken fans Reputation: 10

Hey I just made an account to post this, but I have the exact same issue. Same first fan is the only one working, and when the others do, they flash like that.

Has anyone found anything out about this? These are quite expensive fans to be having consistent issues like this.

Thanks.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:31 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937859

As with the OP, please try rearranging them on the hub to see if it's just a single fan.
Also, as I discovered last night, make sure that your wires have a bit of slack in them. If they are too tight, it can also cause issues.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:01 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 938172
Greybeard Reputation: 14

We've never seen this before, first time seeing this kind of behavior. Thank you for posting the C Link screen show where its showing how the LL fans are selected as a device in Link, that really helps.

I would do what DevBiker suggested, rearrange the fans from the hub and while at it, make sure the Lighting Node PRO has the latest FW version

Old 02-02-2018, 03:32 PM

POST ID # = 938729
hvalenciat Reputation: 10

the same problem, the LEDs after a while starts flashing

Old 02-06-2018, 05:36 PM
broken fans's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939407
broken fans Reputation: 10

Hey I went and switched the lighting node pro to LED channel 2 and I am getting some similar problems but not quite the same. The first 5 fans usually work pretty well with the occasional flashing and cutting out all together. The 6 fan is not working at all except for a single LED in the inside ring. Firmware is all up to date according to corsair link. (FW 0.5.104 and bootloader 2.0)

Old 03-26-2018, 07:54 AM
loydalvin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946580
loydalvin Reputation: 10

I got the same problem. Only the first rgb fan is working. Everything doesnt light up though i tried all of it by connecting it to slot 1 of my lighting hub and everything works and from 2 to 5 slots, no light comes up no matter what

Old 03-26-2018, 07:56 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946581

Quote:
Originally Posted by loydalvin View Post
I got the same problem. Only the first rgb fan is working. Everything doesnt light up though i tried all of it by connecting it to slot 1 of my lighting hub and everything works and from 2 to 5 slots, no light comes up no matter what
How do you have them configured in Link? And you've tried putting different fans in both slot 1 and slot 2?

Old 04-11-2018, 05:31 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949762

This is a very late update, and I apologize for that. I just found the time and motivation to try to figure this out.

I first updated the firmware for Lighting Node PRO as Greybeard suggested, and this did not work.

I then rearranged the fans on the hub. I first switched fan 1 and fan 6. This caused the same issue. Fans 2-6 still had the lighting glitch. The fan plugged into the #1 slot still worked perfectly. I tried all other orders with the same results. Whatever fan was plugged into slot 1 worked fine, while all the others had the lighting glitch. My conclusion is the fans themselves are not the weak link.

I also made sure that there was some slack in all the cords, so this is not the issue either.

This leaves me with one conclusion: The fan hub itself is defective. I will be ordering a new fan hub (if I can find one for sale individually), and I will update this thread afterwards with the results.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:53 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 949780

That does sound like the fan hub. They are available individually on Corsair's web site (see https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...b/p/CO-8950020).
However, this should also be covered under warranty. Perhaps open a support ticket and see if Corsair will replace it for you.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:16 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952531

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
That does sound like the fan hub. They are available individually on Corsair's web site (see https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...b/p/CO-8950020).
However, this should also be covered under warranty. Perhaps open a support ticket and see if Corsair will replace it for you.
Ok, I am now at a loss for what the problem is. The new fan hub came in today, and I installed it. Now fans 1 and 3 are working fine but fans 2, 4, 5, and 6 still have the lighting glitch. This is so strange. Any other suggestions from anyone?

I really don't want to give up on these fans, but I'm at the end of my rope with this mess.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:49 PM

POST ID # = 953549
JimmyRappit Reputation: 10

I found a solution!
Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:
- Close iCue
- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.
- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties
- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual
- Click Apply
- Reopen iCue

Old 05-06-2018, 10:02 PM
FlurbyDurby's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953621

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRappit View Post
I found a solution!
Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:
- Close iCue
- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.
- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties
- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual
- Click Apply
- Reopen iCue
I want so bad for this to be a fix for me, but I don't have iCue (just LINK). Am I looking at this wrong?