Corsair Community

New Corsair Link Commander Mini

Fauxbeard

• Corsair Employee

Christmas in July? We had a teaser back in January when we attended CES and rumors were flying around about a new Commander.

Ta da!

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2014/july/cl_commander_mini

You might be asking, when will it be released? Great question! Corsair James stated that it should be available on 8/11.

2.7.5339 is up (discussion thread); Commander Mini now has a product page.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
Will we see a working version of the link software before its available also any idea on pricing?

Link software - Our Validations team is currently working on this right now.

Price - Yet to be determined.

great,also it handles 6 fans,perfect for a 360 rad,a issue i had as i had to use a 2nd node and noticed different latency's...

oh and ill be the first to ask the quantazillion dollar question

will individual led strips be made available?;):

great,also it handles 6 fans,perfect for a 360 rad,a issue i had as i had to use a 2nd node and noticed different latency's...

oh and ill be the first to ask the quantazillion dollar question

will individual led strips be made available?;):

^^^^^

EXACTLY::!::!::!: This is the question that needs to be answered before I spend a penny on this. Will LED Strips be sold as a separate package?!

Also, what is the max load per fan header and the max load total for fans on the Commander Mini?!

Will the Commander Mini come with the cables to connect it to another unit like the HXi Hydro coolers? The coolers does not come with this cable.

^^^^^

EXACTLY::!::!::!: This is the question that needs to be answered before I spend a penny on this. Will LED Strips be sold as a separate package?!

Also, what is the max load per fan header and the max load total for fans on the Commander Mini?!

Will the Commander Mini come with the cables to connect it to another unit like the HXi Hydro coolers? The coolers does not come with this cable.

I would certainly hope so. My CL Cooling and Lighting Kit came with everything that was needed, including the cables.

But I agree; these questions do need to be answered.

been waiting for this, needed something a bit more intelligent than my nzxt grid, good to also hear there is a renewed focus on developing the software :P

so if I read this right the H100i/H80i can link to the commander even though is practically is a commander on its own?

that power led looks old school btw.. at least make the led white

been waiting for this, needed something a bit more intelligent than my nzxt grid, good to also hear there is a renewed focus on developing the software :P

so if I read this right the H100i/H80i can link to the commander even though is practically is a commander on its own?

that power led looks old school btw.. at least make the led white

:laughing: Look on the bright side that you did not buy a NZXT Grid+ as that thing is just another fan hub with no ability to control each fan separately.

Yes, the H100i/H80i coolers can connect to it and work together, so you can have 4 fans connected to the Hydro cooler and 6 fans connected to the commander.

I need this for my H440 badly. Hopefully it comes with at least four 12" 4pin fan extension cables. Ill say $60 is more than a fair price if it comes with these extension cables :D:

The Commander Mini will ship with 1 Corsair Link Digital cable to connect to a H80i/H100i. It comes with 3 12" fan extensions and 4 24" thermistor cables for temp.

The AXi and HXi units ship with the cables needed in the box to connect to the Mini unit.

Will it LED strips need to be corsair branded with the device or will they be bundled with it?

RGB LED strips will be sold separately. They do not "have" to be Corsair branded if you are handy with a soldering iron and have the right connectors. However the kits from Corsair will be set up to run out of the box with the Mini and the older Lighting nodes if you have them.

The Commander Mini will ship with 1 Corsair Link Digital cable to connect to a H80i/H100i. It comes with 3 12" fan extensions and 4 24" thermistor cables for temp.

The AXi and HXi units ship with the cables needed in the box to connect to the Mini unit.

Only 3 fan extension cables are included? :confused:

Its like buying a car with only 3 wheels :laughing:

Not to be facetious but a serious question, given the experiences that many of us are having with the current Corsair Link software:

If we invest in this new admittedly appealing Commander Mini, do we have any guarantee that the software will work as it's supposed to, be tested thoroughly and be released as an actual release rather than a beta, and won't have any crippling bugs in it (or that they will be quickly patched without causing more problems)? As a cooling-device-controller that many, if not all of us would be using to cool our computers' CPUs and/or other sensitive components, we would be relying on this new Cpmmander Mini to protect our equipment from overheating and being damaged, and thus we would expect it not to have bugs that the current software and firmware suffer from that can remove that protection (ie. fans ceasing to respond to settings or shutting off completely during use; devices such as pumps, fans, PSU, etc. failing to be detected on startup; multiple instance of the same software/processes being opened at the same time, thereby causing .NET Framework errors and causing the software to crash completely or the devices to become unresponsive; etc.).

I have always loved Corsair products and they have been a mainstay in my builds due to the high quality and performance of the hardware, but I am less than pleased with the performance of the Corsair Link software. I'm wary of investing in a new version of hardware that would be next to useless if it means depending on software that is as (un)reliable as that used by the current Corsair Link hardware (Commander & Cooling Node in particular).

Not to be facetious but a serious question, given the experiences that many of us are having with the current Corsair Link software:

If we invest in this new admittedly appealing Commander Mini, do we have any guarantee that the software will work as it's supposed to, be tested thoroughly and be released as an actual release rather than a beta, and won't have any crippling bugs in it (or that they will be quickly patched without causing more problems)? As a cooling-device-controller that many, if not all of us would be using to cool our computers' CPUs and/or other sensitive components, we would be relying on this new Cpmmander Mini to protect our equipment from overheating and being damaged, and thus we would expect it not to have bugs that the current software and firmware suffer from that can remove that protection (ie. fans ceasing to respond to settings or shutting off completely during use; devices such as pumps, fans, PSU, etc. failing to be detected on startup; multiple instance of the same software/processes being opened at the same time, thereby causing .NET Framework errors and causing the software to crash completely or the devices to become unresponsive; etc.).

I have always loved Corsair products and they have been a mainstay in my builds due to the high quality and performance of the hardware, but I am less than pleased with the performance of the Corsair Link software. I'm wary of investing in a new version of hardware that would be next to useless if it means depending on software that is as (un)reliable as that used by the current Corsair Link hardware (Commander & Cooling Node in particular).

There is no guarantee that is going to come that will make people that have had issues more comfortable after the experience they have had. If you have hardware already I would wait for the new build and try it out. If you do not have the hardware, people who do will provide feedback. I am sure there will be reviews of the hardware at some point on forums or the hardware review sites. People tend to trust them more than the company marketing the product anyway.

What would make you more comfortable with the software/hardware to point you would use it again? That goes for anybody really that may have reservations about the new stuff?

Personally, I'm pretty stoked - if they get the software running right.

I've got an Asus Maximus V Formula and it has great fan control...when it comes to the CPU temperature (which when you're hitting 5 Ghz, is not what you're wanting to look at). I got to play around with the software by doing things I shouldn't and saw the potential of it.

If you can get this software right and have people show it off (I mean, youtube video demonstrating the capabilities in action) you would have it made in the shade I believe.

Example: I control the bottom intake fan on my Air 540 on a temperature curve based on the GPU sensor temperature because it's an Quiet SP120 PWM fan that forces air at the heat sinks from the side. It keeps the rig running practically dead quiet, even under load.

im thinking 99$ is more inline considering its a complete cooling unit but i wouldnt be surprised if it were 129$

HA! :laughing:

Ill pay $100+ if it comes with 24 LED lights like the NZXT Hue, 4 PWM extension cables, the ability to use Cooler Master Jetflo fans without frying it, and software that work right out of the box without issues. :sunglasse

Archived