Corsair Community

Corsair LL 120mm Kit Fan Speed Control

BigL

I was hoping to get some help with a new set of fans I just got. I purchased the 3 fan 120mm LL RGB kit from amazon. I saw in the video that you can control the fan speeds which is one of the reasons I got the fans. The fans and the LED lights all work, the only thing is I cant figure out how to adjust the fan speeds for the life of me through the link software. I click on the fan but it doesnt give me the option. Am I not doing something right or am I missing something in order for me to be able to adjust the fans speeds? I would really apprecaite any help I can get. Thank you all very much. I have included a pic below of my options when I click on the fan through Link software to attempt to adjust fan speed.

https://gyazo.com/7c70f1958620ccc958015c299458af13

i just want to be clear. I purchased the 3 fan kit that came with some type of fan hub and a lighting node pro, i just want to make sure i understand correctly that this fan kit i have linked below doesnt come with what i need to adjust the fan speeds. thanks again for you quick reply. again i bought the 120mm 3 pack

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Lighting/dp/B075VGN4M1/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511133730&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=120+ll+corssair

i just want to be clear. I purchased the 3 fan kit that came with some type of fan hub and a lighting node pro, i just want to make sure i understand correctly that this fan kit i have linked below doesnt come with what i need to adjust the fan speeds. thanks again for you quick reply. again i bought the 120mm 3 pack

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Lighting/dp/B075VGN4M1/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511133730&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=120+ll+corssair

Lighting node pro does exactly what's suggested in the name. It controls the lights/RGB function only. If you want to control both fan speed and lighting, you need to get the Commander Pro.

Power for the LL/HD/SP-RGB series is split is along two pathways (the two wires). Lighting control goes to the hub, which on the LL then goes into the Lighting Node Pro. That is your interface with the Link software. Fan power and speed control is on the other wire and presumably you plugged this into your motherboard or other fan controller. That is where you control options reside.

the kit came with that lighting node pro and then it came with this fan hub as well. i have linked it below. i assumed that this fan hub was what was going to allow me to control the fan speed through the link software but i guess this is where i assumed wrong. looks like i need to buy another controller that cost $70 just to control fan speed which is sadly disappointing.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub

i have too many fans to be controlled with just the available connectors on the motherboard. i tried to get this splitter but it doesnt recognize the fans properly. does anybody know if the commander pro supports control for wpm non corsair fans?

i have too many fans to be controlled with just the available connectors on the motherboard. i tried to get this splitter but it doesnt recognize the fans properly. does anybody know if the commander pro supports control for wpm non corsair fans?

It will control any PWM or DC fan. Doesn't have to be a Corsair fan. In fact, there's no way for it to "know" if it's a Corsair fan or not.

i use splitters on my commander Pro.. I asked Corsair for the commander was capable of using splitters and he reply was although not official supported the commander can cope..

Must be noted that fans on splitters will appear as one fan in LINK and all fans on that splitter would receive the same rpm signals ;)

Heres how mine is set up buddy

QaJwdUKh.jpg

• Corsair Employee

So we're clear, because I really don't want you to feel ripped off, the fan control we advertise is related specifically to the fact that we use PWM control for the fan speed and not standard DC voltage.

The reason this is important is because PWM control is pretty universally supported for better, fine-grained control of fan speeds. Your motherboard would be able to control the speeds on these much more easily than with conventional fans.

Now, with that being said, there are a few options available to you. I'd want you to buy Commander PRO because you think it's a great product, not because you absolutely have to.

If you're out of headers on your motherboard, you can try using Y-cables to split them to multiple fans.

There are also products like this one that will allow you to use a single 4-pin fan header on your motherboard to control up to 8 PWM fans:

https://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-8W-PWM-SPL-ST-Way-PWM-Splitter-Sata/dp/B00IF6R4C8/

Commander PRO is a great fan control solution that I personally use on all my builds (at the office and at home), but it's not perfect for everyone and it's a little pricey.

Archived