Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro LNP question

anhphuongvu

Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a LNP however have concern with my build.

I have 3 X HD120, 5 X 140HD & 2 X RGB Fan Hub

If I were to get the LNP, 1 port will be used by the RGB strip, but the other port will only be able to fit 1 Corsair RGB Fan Hub, my second one won't be controlled.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/FE4B39CE5BC9473592A3673AF9A4CF68.ashx?w=500

I don't want to waste money in buying another LNP.

Is there another way I can get both my hub and the RGB strip to be controlled?

I noticed you can connect the RGB strips to line up, can I add the other hub to this and still be controlled? Can someone confirm this?

The LNP look like it could have fitted a 3rd port as there is space on the hub for it. Its sad to see that they didn't do this.

Thanks!

You could add the LED hub to the end on the 4 strips and it would be possible to get this to work as 6 x 10 LED strips, but the last 4 LEDs would not work and CL 4.8.0.82 can't do this.

You could also treat it as a single strip with 64 LEDs with appropriate software.

At the moment the CLNP firmware is limited to 6 x 12 = 72 LEDs, but it's possible a future firmware + CL4 might support 8 x 12 = 96 LEDs and you could daisy chain the two hubs together.

I would get a CLCP (Commander Pro) rather than a 2nd CLNP.

I would get a CLCP (Commander Pro) rather than a 2nd CLNP.

Thanks for your recommendation. Could you tell me how I can get the RGB strips and 2 hubs connected on the CLCP?

Have the it set up as;

RGB strips in LED 1

HUB 1 in LED 2

HUB 2 not in use but connect to FANS 1-6?

Does that mean I should get the CLCP and the Lighting PRO Expansion Kit?

Thanks for your recommendation. Could you tell me how I can get the RGB strips and 2 hubs connected on the CLCP?

Have the it set up as;

RGB strips in LED 1

HUB 1 in LED 2

HUB 2 not in use but connect to FANS 1-6?

Does that mean I should get the CLCP and the Lighting PRO Expansion Kit?

No, Assuming to use CL 4.8.0.82 you need both a CLCP and a CLNP.

Yeah I'm having problem and looking at red-ray post about the issue ><

EDIT: I found the issue and it was my USB header on my motherboard. I didn't connect it properly as my 2nd GFX was still on and I didn't connect it correctly.

5 X HD140 are set to rainbow

4 X RGB Strip are set to rainbow

3 X HD120 does not light up (will eventually get the CLCP when it is cheaper)

At the moment the CLNP firmware is limited to 6 x 12 = 72 LEDs, but it's possible a future firmware + CL4 might support 8 x 12 = 96 LEDs and you could daisy chain the two hubs together.

The CLNP 0.4.94 firmware supports 96 LEDs, but only 6 strips. Given this if you wait a while it may be possible to control all 8 x HD fan LEDs from one CLNP port.

You really need to get Corsair to change the CLNP firmware + CL4 to support 8 x HD fans connected to one CLNP port and given 96 LEDs are now supported suspect they may do this.

So the last 3 HD fan can connect to the tail of the RGB strips?

You could, but as the fans have 12 LEDs and the strips 10 LEDs this would not be sensible, only 1 x 76 LEDs (3 x HD) or 1 x 64 LEDs (2 x HD) would make sense and CL 4.8.0.82 could only control them as 4 or 5 x HD fans.

I made a cable that connects port 6 of LED hub one to the 3-pin input of LED hub two and can control 96 LEDs (8 x HD fans) as 4 x 24 LEDs, 3 x 32 LEDs, 2 x 48 LEDs or 1 x 96 LEDs using my SIV utility. As yet the firmware does not support 8 x 12 LEDs.

Archived