Corsair Community

Corsair Link seeing 3 video cards in a 2 card system and is missing fans on the mobo.

Undermoose

I have 2 Gigabyte Vega 64 video cards, but Corsair Link sees 3. It didn't always see this, it just started happening.

The third card it thinks is in the system it also things it has a fan that's stuck at 12rpm.

Very weird.

Also, Corsair Link isn't seeing all the fans connected to the motherboard.

Corsair Link Version 4.9.2.27

Gigabyte Aorus x399 Gaming 7

Threadripper!

I'm getting same strange behavior. CL thinks I have two GPUs when I only have one. Very odd, and I can't get it to start minimized, I have looked everywhere, I see the start with windows option, but no where is there the option to start minimized. Come on Corsair, wake the hell up, we pay lots of money for your stuff.

• Corsair Employee

There are a couple of issues going on here.

1. We're aware of the starting maximized issue. I have no idea where this problem came from or why it materialized in 4.9.2, but it's being fixed in the next release.

2. It sounds like there are detection issues with multiple AMD GPUs. This is something we've been dealing with for a while. Part of the "Administrator rights" fix we implemented in 4.9.2 had to do with how we detect AMD GPUs, so this is an ongoing issue we're steadily working through.

Corsair Link started crashing my system...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it definitely is causing system instability.

It's on a Gigabyte system with SIV, but heard this is OK?

I know multiple monitoring software programs can clash...

Don't run Link 4.9.2.27 and SIV at the same time. Since Corsair removed the mutex, Link cannot reliably run concurrently with SIV. Or HWINFO64. Or AIDA64. And probably others.

Don't run Link 4.9.2.27 and SIV at the same time. Since Corsair removed the mutex, Link cannot reliably run concurrently with SIV. Or HWINFO64. Or AIDA64. And probably others.

I run it with HWInfo64 quite frequently with no issue. I just told HWInfo not to monitor the readings from the Corsair products. I'll watch those in Link and run them side-by-side.

Don't know if that's possible with AIDA or SIV. I did try SIV once but found the UX paradigm to be ... insane. I prefer HWInfo for detailed monitoring.

I run it with HWInfo64 quite frequently with no issue. I just told HWInfo not to monitor the readings from the Corsair products. I'll watch those in Link and run them side-by-side.

Don't know if that's possible with AIDA or SIV. I did try SIV once but found the UX paradigm to be ... insane. I prefer HWInfo for detailed monitoring.

I agree if you manually configure to avoid conflicts, they can coexist. Link used to play nice with SIV but not anymore. After Corsair removed the mutex, there was a small rash of posts reporting strange behavior when running multiple monitoring programs that used to work fine. It's understandable that that could confuse some people. I don't know if AIDA can be configured to not conflict. The last time I ran SIV and the current version of Link, strange things happened. SIV can definitely be configured to not enable link monitoring and control.

Not sure what you mean by UX paradigm but if you mean SIV looks complicated - yes it does (IMHO). I don't think Ray was going for the cute or sleek high tech GUI look, though the custom LCD panels look great and are a lot easier to set up than AIDA64 panels. Not as flexible but definitely easier. YMMV...

I agree if you manually configure to avoid conflicts, they can coexist. Link used to play nice with SIV but not anymore.

That's not what you said though. You said cannot. Full stop. No qualification.

The fact is: it can and does run with, at least, HWInfo reliably (that I can attest to). Probably others. Just don't have them monitor the Corsair hardware. Easy enough. Heck, HWInfo actually asks you before it starts monitoring the Corsair hardware and tells you that there might be issues with it. So you actually have to enable it manually before you have to disable it.

There was enough truthiness that it was believable but you ignored all of the facts. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were a politician. :eek:

• Corsair Employee

There are actually two SIVs.

One is part of Gigabyte's motherboard software suite.

The other - and the one more common to this forum - is red-ray's software. That's what's being discussed and usually it can be assumed that's what people are talking about here.

How much ignorance here!!! before writing answers you might perhaps do well to inform yourself. :eek:

SIV is a program of GIGABYTE! ;):

http://www.gigabyte.us/FileUpload/US/Microsite/369/images/system-tweaking.html

Interesting as it comes out immediately and willingly this name. :roll:

It's on a Gigabyte system with SIV, but heard this is OK?

I know multiple monitoring software programs can clash...

:p: thank you Dustin to remember us! Now also Undermoose, SpeedyV and DevBiker know that. :D:

Hoping a solution for Undermoose will be found quickly, now. :o: And fixed in a next release. ;):

Hey thanks for the replies. There's another thread I started asking about X399 compatibility specifically, and was told this was added a couple of versions ago. In which case this thread and the other are the same topic. Moderator please close the other topic.

I've tried removing Gigabyte SIV, cleaning up Corsair Link, then reinstalling Corsair Link without Gigabyte SIV loaded. No help.

I do not run AIDA64 all the time. It's not loading at boot, rather just when I want information.

I have HWInfo, nice program, but again I don't need it all the time.

The Corsair rep indicated there is an issue with AMD GPU's, and that's what I have 2 of, and so it appears I'm simply waiting on an update.

I'm not clear on Gigabyte SIV along with Corsair Link though, but know these types of programs can conflict. I'd rather use just Corsair Link to control all my fans, but it's not reading my fan headers correctly on my Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 mobo at the moment.

That's my preference, just Corsair Link, nothing else. Hopefully it'll read all my fans soon, and stop seeing 3 video cards on a 2 card rig. It wasn't doing that at first, then shazaam Heh.

You can set fan curves for all fans connected to a Corsair device ... so the various AIO coolers and the Commander Mini and Commander Pro.

Don't know anything about Gigabyte SIV; the only Gigabyte boards I have are older (Haswell) gen boards and I don't have the Gigabyte software (or a liquid cooler) on either of them but, in general, most problems with system monitoring software occur when it monitors (or tries to monitor) the Corsair Link devices while you have Link running. I have run the Asus AiSuite (for a time) with Link as well as AsRock's monitoring suite; I uninstalled both eventually because they constantly crashed - with or without Link. I do run HWInfo side-by-side with Link regularly without issue but I also excluded the Link devices from monitoring in HWInfo.

Gigabyte SIV is their system info, fan control, and hardware monitoring/alerting/logging software. Clearly a potential conflict. It does appear I can exclude monitoring specific devices in Gigabyte SIV. Perhaps the answer is to exclude anything Corsair related.

One thing I haven't figured out yet though... I don't think it runs unless I launch it, and if that's the case why is Corsair Link crashing my system as I don't keep SIV running. For fan Control I believe the fan controller keeps the settings.

Also, that doesn't fix Corsair Link seeing 3 video cards on a dual video card setup though, but that appears to be a known AMD GPU/Corsair Link issue.

I really need Corsair's feedback at this point as they need to support their software on all major vendor platforms.

Thank you.

Archived