Corsair Community

Corsair Commander PRO RGB Setup

Shpydar

Hello smart people.

Sorry If I'm posting this in the wrong spot. I'm new to the forums.

Alright, I got a large influx of disposable cash, and I am building the system of my dreams, and am going hard RGB.

The parts arrive this week, and I've read all the technical manuals and watched a bunch of Youtube videos and I think I know how to wire my system where I will only need to use 1x USB 2.0 header on my MOBO and 2x SATA power connections from my PSU.

I have included a flow chart showing how I believe I need to configure my RGB hardware to use as few resources from my MOBO and PSU.

Will you experienced, and knowledgeable people check it over and let me know if I've got this right, and if not what I'm missing and why?

Hardware

• 1x Commander PRO
  • 1x LL140 RGB, 140mm LED PWM Fan (Dual Pack) w. Lighting Node PRO
  • 4x LL140 RGB, 140mm LED PWM Fan (Single Pack)
  • 1x Lighting Node PRO RGB Lighting Controller with 4x RGB LED Strips
  • 1x RM1000i PSU
  • 1x H115i PRO RGB, 280mm Radiator, Liquid CPU Cooler

So PSU, CPU Cooler, 4x LED strips, 6x LED Fans, controlled by a Commander PRO and Fan Hub (from the LL140 dual pack)

I should be able to disregard the 2x Lighting Node Pro's I will get from the LL140 Dual Pack and the LED strips, as the Commander Pro has enough power connections for my needs.

If I understand this correctly, this means that the USB 2.0 connectors from the H115i and the RM1000i will plug into the Commander,

the 4 LED strips will connect to one of the Commander PRO LED connections, and the Fan Hub will connect into the 2nd LED connection.

All 6 fans power connectors connect directly to the Commander PRO

And the 6 fan LED connectors plug into the Fan Hub.

The Commander Pro and Fan Hub connect to 2x SATA power connections from the RM1000i

And the Commander Pro connects to 1x USB 2.0 on my MOBO

Now I'm lucky and the MOBO I've ordered comes with 2x USB 2.0 headers. So if I have miscalculated I do have a backup USB 2.0 header, but I'd really love to hook my case (Obsidian Series 750D Airflow) front panel USB 2.0 to that 2nd header.

Not that using a USB 2.0 header on my case is urgent. The front panel also has 2x USB 3.1 connections, and I can't think of a time I will ever need to plug 4 USB devices into my front panel.

Thank you for any and all help with making my wiring as simple as possible. I'll post some videos once I am done.

a6R6hn6.jpg

1991540905_iCUEflowChart.thumb.jpg.3189f077121027b839c00047af156d32.jpg

Edited by Shpydar
Made a small change to flow chart image.

Looks like you are fine to me, with the exception of your extra Lighting Node Pros. I would plug one of them up to the 2nd header USB2.0 and use it for some external back lighting for your desk, like a few of us have done. :p

You're in good shape. If you haven't ordered it yet, you can get the Lighting Expansion kit, which just has the strips and no NoPro. That should have you $10.

Outside of that, you can, if you are feeling adventurous, combine the USB connectors from the pump and the PSU into a single CoPro header. You'll need 2 5 pin USB extension cables to combine them and you'll need to make sure that you orient them correctly but it's absolutely do-able. That'll leave a header free on the CoPro for anything that you would like.

Looks like you are fine to me, with the exception of your extra Lighting Node Pros. I would plug one of them up to the 2nd header USB2.0 and use it for some external back lighting for your desk, like a few of us have done. :p

That is a really cool idea....

Now I'm redesigning in my head what is possible...

See this is why checking with the forums is always a good idea.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...