Corsair Community

1000D Custom Loop Build

Cakeomania

Hello fellow forum users.

I come to you in hopes of getting some tips and suggestions for building my first custom loop.

I have been reaserching parts during the last year and I have decided to go for a full EKWB setup. Using soft tubing and starting with only one 480mm rad.

So here are a few Questions:

Firstly:

Ek Supremacy vs EK velocity?- I cant seem to find too much information about the differences between them. Do any of you have any experience?

Secondly:

Do Corsair have any pump or reservoir brackets that i can buy or shuld i get them from EK?

Thanks

/Erik

Hello fellow forum users.

I come to you in hopes of getting some tips and suggestions for building my first custom loop.

I have been reaserching parts during the last year and I have decided to go for a full EKWB setup. Using soft tubing and starting with only one 480mm rad.

So here are a few Questions:

Firstly:

Ek Supremacy vs EK velocity?- I cant seem to find too much information about the differences between them. Do any of you have any experience?

Secondly:

Do Corsair have any pump or reservoir brackets that i can buy or shuld i get them from EK?

Thanks

/Erik

Welcome to the forums, building your first loop is very exciting! The 1000D is a very large case and a lot of room to build. For me the hardest part of the build was getting 2x360mm rads in a mid tower. With the 1000D you won't or shouldn't run into this issue :)

Using a 480mm rad to start off will keep an OC'ed dual block setup cooled well. When you do decide to add another one, it will allow you to run the fans at a lower speed to gain a little bit of performance and even more silence.

You seem to be taking the first step that a lot of people do when the get into water cooling. I started out with soft tubing, then redid everything hard tubing. The only exception was in hard to reach areas like my PSU shroud, which has soft tubing still. A lot of people also look at EKWB, when they get into. I looked at EKWB, though went a different route for multiple reasons, the only EKWB product I have in my loop is a GPU block that came with my MSI Seahawk EK X. EK has the best marketing for custom loops and a lot of good information...at least for now. Did you happen to see the Hydro-X teaser: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/hydro-x-series

Corsair has been doing AIOs for years and they recently hired some top brass from EKWB: https://www.techpowerup.com/239706/corsair-opens-port-to-ex-ekwb-top-management

From many sources I have spoken to in the WC community, they picked the best two guys that work there. If I was getting into water cooling and you are a fan of Corsair, I would wait for Corsair's entry into the market. Also any RGB inside the Corsair products will most likely be controlled by iCUE. Lastly, when I was looking at fans, I ended up going with Corsair as people really like them in the water cooling for their reliability as well as the LEDs. Lastly I would avoid Vardars, I have seen a lot of complaints about them on OCN and on reddit. Their fans is the only thing I can really recommend against, due to reliability.

The Supremacy is the older model. They just recently announced/released the Velocity, which looks to replace the Supremacy. I think this will be more of a design change over a performance. Though 3rd party benchmarks would be the best way to gauge this. In general from the benchmarks I have seen in the past, there really hasn't been much improvement in in cooling in years. You can only do so much to improve the cooling and it looks like the industry in general does a good job of making comparable blocks. The greatest variable in cooling will be more on the CPU. The size of the die, imperfections of IHS, solder TIM vs. paste TIM vs. liquid metal TIM, silicone lottery, voltage, and a few other things. You can only transfer so much heat in that small area.

When it comes to res brackets, you should get what ever bracket that matches the res/pump you are getting. There is no standard sizing and most companies list products by volume. A 200ML can have different dimensions than a 200ML from a different company. Get whatever matches your case well, worst case you can always get the mounts that allow you to mount the res and/or pump/res combo the the rad. Though as you are going the 1000D route, I would just get one that mounts to the inside of the case as you have more than enough room.

You seem to be taking the first step that a lot of people do when the get into water cooling. I started out with soft tubing, then redid everything hard tubing. The only exception was in hard to reach areas like my PSU shroud, which has soft tubing still. A lot of people also look at EKWB, when they get into. I looked at EKWB, though went a different route for multiple reasons, the only EKWB product I have in my loop is a GPU block that came with my MSI Seahawk EK X. EK has the best marketing for custom loops and a lot of good information...at least for now. Did you happen to see the Hydro-X teaser: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/hydro-x-series

Corsair has been doing AIOs for years and they recently hired some top brass from EKWB: https://www.techpowerup.com/239706/corsair-opens-port-to-ex-ekwb-top-management

From many sources I have spoken to in the WC community, they picked the best two guys that work there. If I was getting into water cooling and you are a fan of Corsair, I would wait for Corsair's entry into the market. Also any RGB inside the Corsair products will most likely be controlled by iCUE. Lastly, when I was looking at fans, I ended up going with Corsair as people really like them in the water cooling for their reliability as well as the LEDs. Lastly I would avoid Vardars, I have seen a lot of complaints about them on OCN and on reddit. Their fans is the only thing I can really recommend against, due to reliability.

Thanks for the Reply.

Yes I saw the teaser but thought it might only be RTX series GPU Blocks Corsair is making.

But if corsair is going to do full Custom loop parts, then I might wait a while :idea: :idea:

Any idea of a release or more information on the topic of corsair parts? :o

Thanks for the Reply.

Yes I saw the teaser but thought it might only be RTX series GPU Blocks Corsair is making.

But if corsair is going to do full Custom loop parts, then I might wait a while :idea: :idea:

Any idea of a release or more information on the topic of corsair parts? :o

This is the second teaser they have put it up, the first one showed some PETG tubing with fluid running through it and it said "Just add water":

We can speculate all we want, Corsair doesn't officially release anything in the forums. The first teaser tells more, the 2nd teaser just seems to say, wait before you buy your 2080 block.

Also in general the GPU blocks are one of the most expensive and limited parts in a loop. Many CPU blocks can work on different many different sockets spanning many years and generations. GPU blocks tend to be a lot more limited to that specific series of card. The Reference/Founder Edition GPUs tend to be the most supported as Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, and all the other places get the chip and use their own boards and VRMs. You can only use a 2080 bock for a FE on a FE or referenced style, you can't use it on any other GPU. In 2 or 3 years no one will buy a 2080 block, though people will still buy CPU blocks that have been out for years. If I were you I would wait, it could be weeks or months, though I can't see it being too long if they are releasing teasers. It won't be years.

• 1 month later...

Stepping into the world of custom loop water cooling can get a bit overwhelming at first. I built my first this year, I can tell you, I've never been more proud. Mine just so happens to be the 1000D as well.

I would recommend the LL series 100 percent myself. They are very quiet, mine rarely spin faster than 700RPM. I run 2 x 480MM and 1 x 420 MM Alphacool radiators.

As far as mounting those pump, I had a heck of a time getting them right because of the way the plate on the 1000D is made. Before ordering additional brackets and stuff, I would wait till you have it sitting in front of you and you can see what you want to do.

Are you going to be cooling a GPU and CPU? Plan on overclocking at all?

Archived