Corsair Community

Multiple strange problems out of nowhere

Dark Autumn

Hello!

Out of nowhere my keyboard started to show multiple strange and annoying problems. This is really weird as the keyboard is brand-new.

What's happening?

Problem number 1: After a while, the caps/num/scroll lock lights stop lighting up although the keys and the functions are working normally.

Problem number 2: Sometimes the lights freeze randomly.

Problem number 3: If I exit iCUE and open it again, the keyboard will not show up at all. Sometimes it does, and when it does, it appears with a warning sign.

Problem number 4: Sometimes the keyboard goes crazy. It is like super slow, I press for example caps lock, the light will light up several seconds later and if I try to type anything it will also appear several seconds later and the letters will keep repeating until I press another key. Like "thissssssssssss", "s" will keep repeating until I press another key or "S" again. I have to wait a lot of time for it to come back to normal or unplug the keyboard.

Unplugging the keyboard, exiting iCUE and opening it again fixes the problems but I don't want to do it everytime a problem occurs because it's just SO annoying.

I tried updating windows, changing USB ports, updating iCUE, updating firmware, resetting the keyboard, update USB drivers and I still have these problems. I just don't know what to do anymore...

I really need help with this, guys. This is my second Strafe keyboard with problems and my warranty just ended, I got this new one around November 2018 and I don't think I can RMA it. :( Do you get a new 2-year warranty when Corsair gives you a new product after RMA?

Edited by Dark Autumn

• 4 weeks later...
Corsair Tech Support is a separate website. You can access it from the main Corsair site or by clicking the "Support Ticket System" in the header at the top of the page. There is not a lot of things we can do to help you from a user standpoint. You have already tried the customary fixes. The keyboard seems to have some serious issues and your probably need to do a hard reset and reload the firmware to a blank board. Tech Support has the file you need. They also hopefully can answer your warranty question or offer another solution.