Corsair Community

Ironclaw input lag

sdr569

Got the Ironclaw 3 days ago, charged it and installed it along with software update for iCUE.

The mouse feels great and the button placement is nice but it has input lag... After trying many different settings and performing surface calibrations the mouse once stopped moving has a lag when starting to move again, up to 2" movement before the mouse starts to respond. Even normal day computer activates this is noticeable, but in gaming it is completely unusable. I have tried every possible combo of settings and still has the response issues. any hints?...

How are you connected to the PC? 2.4 GHz or BT?

I had it connected via USB cable, did not try wireless since I was getting lag with USB direct connect I figured wireless would be as bad or worse.

That makes the sleep/LED lighting question no longer relevant. I have not experienced lag with that mouse either wired or wireless. BT is always going to be a bit less smooth than the others.

Do you have another Corsair mouse to plug in to test hardware vs software problem Presumably this was not an issue before. Did you just install iCUE for the first time? If so, uninstall, restart, and try a clean installation again.

Sure it does, even wired, iCUE can have it go into a lower power mode, especially if the setting needs to be reset internally cuz of some hyper-small setting it came with.

The only time I experience lag with my Dark Core is when I have both the k63 and it on BT. The k63 needs to connect first, else the mouse gets stepped on and lags badly. Wired, never had an issue.

The Iron Claw Wireless cannot enter sleep mode when connected via USB even though the setting remains visible in iCUE. The "power saving mode" will disappear from the settings panel when wired. However, in this case there seems to be another issue and I am not sure what that is.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have this exact issue.

I am connected to the 2.4Hz one, and I have the receiver pluigged to a USB 3.0 Port. I have reinstalled iCue and even restarted windows. Its just "laggy" in general, especially when I'm in applications such as Photoshop.

• Corsair Employee
If you haven't, please make a support ticket and our technical support team can help you out further. I use the Iron Claw as my main at home and have not had any issues. Usually our technical support team will have to dig a bit deeper with you to see what could cause this issue.