Corsair Community

780t side panel handles latch poorly

GraphiteSteve

Hi everyone. I'm new here so forgive me if this has already been discussed and please move this to the correct thread if this is not the right place for it. Anyway i wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with their 780t cases side panels not staying latched very well and if so is there a replacement part from corsair to remedy the problem or has anyone come up with any modifications to fix the issue? It seems to be a pretty well known problem but I haven't found anything about a fix anywhere. It seems like it'll be pretty easy to fix but just wanted to see if there are any out there already that did the trick. Any info you can provide would be appreciated!

There definitely are side panels available in both colors, but perhaps someone who is a 780T owner can add more to the discussion.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-780t-windowed-side-panel-black

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-780t-solid-side-panel-white

Thanks. Did they make new panels with a better handle? My case is brand new, just got it last week so unless its a defect I don't know if new panels will fix it or not. The panels are fine unless i deliberately try to open it without unlatching in which case it doesnt take any kind of effort to unlatch it. It's not a huge deal cause I shouldn't need to take them off that often once the build is done other than to drain coolant but it's just an annoying issue that seems like it could have been avoided with some more r&d.

Thanks. Did they make new panels with a better handle? My case is brand new, just got it last week so unless its a defect I don't know if new panels will fix it or not. The panels are fine unless i deliberately try to open it without unlatching in which case it doesnt take any kind of effort to unlatch it. It's not a huge deal cause I shouldn't need to take them off that often once the build is done other than to drain coolant but it's just an annoying issue that seems like it could have been avoided with some more r&d.

Sometimes, the case latches require additional shifting to properly sit correctly. Slightly shift the case handle until it just snaps into place. That's how we usually do it over here. Just try every direction until it does.

Sometimes, the case latches require additional shifting to properly sit correctly. Slightly shift the case handle until it just snaps into place. That's how we usually do it over here. Just try every direction until it does.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I didn't notice any slop in it but I wasn't really looking at that either :D:

Archived