The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Old 12-02-2017, 12:03 PM

POST ID # = 928753
rvanzo1971 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
We understand your frustration with the issue not being resolved, however, testing is still being conducted by both Valve and Corsair to determine the appropriate course of action. Valve is in the process of moving offices which may have reduced their resources. All additional information you can provide will help both parties in having this resolved.

For reference, are any of you using USB hubs or a Steam Link? If so, which brand and model USB hub?
In the doubt of a defective keyboard I also leveraged rma (spending 20€ for sending my kb to Corsair). I got my new keyboard after some days. The problem is: nothing changed! Now I have my "new" Corsair keybord stored away waiting for some solution on this: it's totally un-usable for what it should be used to!

Very frustrating indeed!

Pleasy notify us on some advancement. The timing waiting of such an open issue is astonishing. Did you at least suceeded to reproduce the problem? Did you have any sort of advancement?

Thanks.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:44 PM

POST ID # = 928793
MDCMIKE Reputation: 10

I recieved a email from Corsair, telling me , the are not going to te be alble to fix this on the short run.

the have know idear how long it will take to fix this issue.

Corsair you will be recieveing a bill from me for sending this back to seller if you do not pay a lawywer will be my next step.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:49 AM

POST ID # = 930800
Sondanal Reputation: 10

As far as I see the problem is still here and NO RESPONSE from Corsair.
This is a joke.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:54 AM

POST ID # = 930807

I have send them the bill , for resending to seller, if the dont replay, i will put my laywer on it , just fot the fun of it, im notletting mt self be treded like this. the dont have a golden ticket to do crap like that.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:17 PM
GamerDude686's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930811
GamerDude686 Reputation: 10

Perhaps it's time for we the consumers to ask the Consumer Affairs department of the CA A.G. office to intervene on our behalf. It seems apparent that there is some defect in the K55 series of keyboards that causes it to malfunction when used with gaming clients ie Steam. Yet Corsair continues to sell these on the market and yet has no timeline for if or when a fix will be issued. Keyboards should not have to be plugged and re-plugged each time a game client or game controller or other usb peripheral is plugged into an open usb port. I have a K55 that I purchased with my new PC that I cannot use. Had I known this issue existed I would have purchased another brand. Even though I have Corsair gaming mouse that hasn't had an issue. This for me has tarnished Corsair's name and I will not buy or recommend Corsair products for the foreseeable future.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:22 PM

POST ID # = 930812

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDude686 View Post
Perhaps it's time for we the consumers to ask the Consumer Affairs department of the CA A.G. office to intervene on our behalf. It seems apparent that there is some defect in the K55 series of keyboards that causes it to malfunction when used with gaming clients ie Steam. Yet Corsair continues to sell these on the market and yet has no timeline for if or when a fix will be issued. Keyboards should not have to be plugged and re-plugged each time a game client or game controller or other usb peripheral is plugged into an open usb port. I have a K55 that I purchased with my new PC that I cannot use. Had I known this issue existed I would have purchased another brand. Even though I have Corsair gaming mouse that hasn't had an issue. This for me has tarnished Corsair's name and I will not buy or recommend Corsair products for the foreseeable future.
i am all for this idear!!
Let them bleed, For the bad hardware and service ! ( Anti Service )

Last edited by MDCMIKE; 12-16-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Rjones125's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930826
Rjones125 Reputation: 10

I simply got exhausted with LED, commander issues- fans going up and down all the time and last night the mouse pad pass through USB quit and can't do anything with rgb in CUE, link shuts down about every day. Replaced the HT100i v2 - to unsteady. The 110 is 12v constant speed. fans all plugged into mobo now, = steady and quiet, ram, fan rgb' s all off. So much better, can't sync them anyway... if the next firmware doesn't sort some of this, then I am uninstalling all corsair stuff. My next build build will be back to basics.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:05 PM

POST ID # = 930828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjones125 View Post
I simply got exhausted with LED, commander issues- fans going up and down all the time and last night the mouse pad pass through USB quit and can't do anything with rgb in CUE, link shuts down about every day. Replaced the HT100i v2 - to unsteady. The 110 is 12v constant speed. fans all plugged into mobo now, = steady and quiet, ram, fan rgb' s all off. So much better, can't sync them anyway... if the next firmware doesn't sort some of this, then I am uninstalling all corsair stuff. My next build build will be back to basics.
Send back to seller, With the messge its defect and want a refund
With mail contacts in hand or as a copy for them.

Last edited by MDCMIKE; 12-16-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:44 AM

POST ID # = 933849
Sondanal Reputation: 10

Hi all for me it seems now to be ok, no deco anymore, macro are ok leds too even caps lock working !!!
I still have steem running in the backgroud, eveything fine...
Maybe the recent 2.21.67 Version CUE2 has solved the troubles (havnt read patch notes).
Happy new year all.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:16 PM

POST ID # = 935657
rvanzo1971 Reputation: 10
Unhappy No way

Still does not work for me (last CUE and last Firmware version). Connecting and disconnecting Controllers locks Steam.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 935984
Corsair Nick Reputation: 12

From another thread regarding issues with Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Got an update for everyone on this issue. As James has stated before, and I want to re-affirm that we have reached out to Valve when the issue popped up, and went as far as to send them products so they could perform their own in-house testing to speed up the trouble shooting process. Unfortunately we haven't received any responses to requests for updates.

What we have found through our own rigorous testing is that Steam will continuously poll all USB devices looking for controllers once you start the program. This causes HID devices to get confused as to which program takes priority and which to respond to, and will cause hangs or crashes with either Steam or CUE. If a fix is possible through CUE, we will provide it once available.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:58 AM

POST ID # = 939139
FaXmAn Reputation: 10
Default Not Just Steam

Just to add to this -

Only yesterday did I do the firmware update to my K55, and that's when things started to go wrong. My keyboard is on my multicade machine, and when I attempt to open RetroArch or MAME, I too receive a 30 second (or so) time out before the application actually opens. This bug also completely rendered the "Big Box" side of Launchbox useless.

So just to reiterate, this is NOT "just an issue with Steam"!

Any way to downgrade or rollback the firmware? That would certainly help.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:48 PM
yellowblanka's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939607
yellowblanka Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaXmAn View Post
Just to add to this -

Only yesterday did I do the firmware update to my K55, and that's when things started to go wrong. My keyboard is on my multicade machine, and when I attempt to open RetroArch or MAME, I too receive a 30 second (or so) time out before the application actually opens. This bug also completely rendered the "Big Box" side of Launchbox useless.

So just to reiterate, this is NOT "just an issue with Steam"!

Any way to downgrade or rollback the firmware? That would certainly help.
This - my K55 would hardlock any app/game anything that polled controllers when any controller (Steam Controller, 360 controller etc.) was plugged into ANY port on the computer. Thinking it was a power issue I plugged the keyboard/receivers etc. into a separate powered USB hub - no dice, same deal. Miraculously, unplugging the keyboard would cause the app/game to spring to life, and this was without Steam/CUE running. The only way to eliminate this issue for me was to either unplug the keyboard each time I want to use a controller in a game, or to disable all the Corsair "HID" devices - the first option puts excess wear on the connector and I obviously lose the use of the keyboard entirely while playing controller-supported games, and the second option means I can use the keyboard but it's locked into the default "rainbow" lighting pattern and I lose all use of the macro/media keys.

I still don't know why they maintain this is a Valve/Steam issue vs. taking a closer look at their hardware/firmware/drivers. I can say in my case it is 100% most definitely NOT an issue isolated to Steam/CUE.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: