Corsair Community

P4C800-E Deluxe

paragon29

I just ordered all the components to build a system. It is as follows: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Asus P4C800-E Dlx TWINX 1024-4000PRO P4 3.0C (2) WD360GD 10K HDD Xaser III V2000A Thermaltake 480W PS w/ PFC Pioneer A06USPK DVR With all the questions regarding timings and O/C, what would be the timings of this system? I don't need or want to overclock at this point. Will the MB handle all the optimal settings for me? I'm upgrading from a PII 400 so my technological savvy has diminished over the years.

Well after spending my work day reading the forum that I just found, have I bought a very expensive set of memory I won't be able to use? Would someone please tell me that the combination I just ordered will work? I hate to think that plunking down 1800 greenbacks was in vain. Would kind of ruin my holidays.

You can use that RAM but, it will be a bit more difficult to get the optimum tuning of the system. [URL=http://www.asusforums.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24]www.asusforums.org[/URL] Have look at this thread and it will help some. Then, if you need assistance setting the system up, post up at that site. Keep in mind that to run that RAM well with the CPU you have, you will have to OC some unless you want to run it all at stock speed. If you decide to OC, you will need to add some NB cooling and possibly upgrade your CPU cooling. If you plan to run at stock, I'd see if you can RMA either the CPU or the RAM. IMO, the 3.0c CPU will run best with either the PC3200LL or PC3500 RAM. If you want to keep the PC4000 RAM, get either a 2.4c or 2.6c CPU as they will hit higher FSB speeds than the 3.0c. Don't despair, you have a fantastic setup and you should be able to make it run very well. Post again here or at Asusforums if you need any help. Mike

Archived